Palm Sunday Church Bombings in Egypt

This Sunday was Palm Sunday a very important day for Christians. Two churches in Egypt were bombed Sunday morning, leaving 36 people dead and almost 100 people wounded. ISIS is claiming responsibility for the attack on the Christian churches. One church has been completely destroyed and some have said you can see the blood on the marble pillars in the remains of the church. These attacks come a few days after President Trump expressed his support for the area, and his willingness to defeat terrorism. This area is very dangerous for Christians, as many attacks have already happened.

Link

Why would someone want to do something like this?

Do you think ISIS is responsible? Why?

I think that someone would want to do this because they are not accepting of anyone else's opinions. They believe that their religion is the only one that is right and that they have the consent of their leader to kill everyone else that does not agree with them. I think ISIS is responsible because they have done attacks similar to this in the past and I do not think it will stop here either. 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• They probably did this because of their religion and beliefs. ISIS hates Christians and it is the religion that makes up most of the population. They will do anything to get people to follow their religion.

• They see their way as the only way and if someone wants something different then they will be murdered. That is a terrible way to think but that is what ISIS does for sure.

• Well many terrorist like ISIS wants to destroy the christains becasue they do not like what they belive in. ISIS is probably responisble as they are responsible for many other attacks that have happened this year. 

• I would definitely put my money on ISIS because their past attacks speak for themselves. They are always trying to cause destruction and harm. 

• The only reason they did this was to hurt the Christian people so that more people will believe in ISIS. This will happen over and over because ISIS wants to tell people that their religion is better then others. I feel ISIS is responsible because it was just a very religious thing. They just want more people to believe in them.
    • That is a good point. They are trying to eliminate everyone that is against them in that area so they can have complete control. 

• I think that the only reason that someone world do this is because they think that there is no other way to handle things. and they think that there only opinion and religion is the only right thing. I do think that ISIS is responsible for this attack because that had been responsible for attacks like this in the past.

• In other countries and other religions, there are people that believe that their way is the only right way so they kill others that do not share that belief. I agree with you.

• Because they were told to do it by their ISIS leader and they figured they would kill a lot of people because that place was going to be very busy that day and it would make trump mad. Yeah, because who else would do something like that i personally don't think that a random person would decide to bomb a church on palm sunday. Also they said they did.  

• I agree with you for sure. This definitely sounds like a planned attack from a terrorist group and ISIS is the biggest name right now. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker