National FFA Week

This week is very special in FFA. It is National FFA Week! Every year, from Saturday to Saturday, during George Washington's birth week it is National FFA Week. George Washington had a huge impact on agriculture in America, so having National FFA Week during his birthday week is a huge tribute to him. This week is dedicated to celebrating FFA and raising awareness for agriculture education. There are over 950,000 members in FFA celebrating this week. I look forward to National FFA Week every year because I enjoy the dress-up days and fun activities in FFA. This week makes me proud to be an FFA member. 

What is FFA? FFA was originally short for “Future Farmers of America” They later changed the name to “the National FFA Organization” in 1988, because FFA is not just for people who want to be farmers. It is a club that anyone can join. One thing I like about FFA is that you can be as involved or not involved as much as you want. You can take part in contests, conferences, and many more. To be in FFA must be enrolled in an agriculture class, for at least one semester to participate in FFA. You can be in FFA and pursue any career you want. FFA is a great club if you want to be involved in agriculture. 

Why is agriculture education important? America relies so much on agriculture. Without agriculture what would we eat? Many people take for granted the food we eat. Some countries have poor soils and land that grow food for themselves. We are so lucky to live in a country that has great agriculture. It is so amazing that schools across the country have agriculture classes and teach about FFA. I am currently taking Ag:2 or Ag applications. We spend lots of time studying soil, working with plants, and studying Ag businesses.  

Sources 

https://www.ffa.org/about-us/what-is-ffa/ 

https://www.ffa.org/national-ffa-week/ 

https://www.ffa.org/ffa-history/ 

https://www.ffa.org/our-leadership/#:~:text=With%20more%20than%20945%2C988%20FFA,led%20organization%20in%20the%20nation. 

Questions 

Are you in FFA? 

If you aren't in FFA, would you ever join?  

What is your favorite thing about National FFA Week.   

(This is for extra credit.)

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I am not in FFA But i would probbly not join its beucase sometimes I dont like a lot of meeting that we do have to go I just like to go home right af school and not have to anything ese to do

• I am not in FFA, I have never been in FFA but maybe one day I will get into it, I want to try new things and why not start with that, it's not a bad idea. I think that learning agriculture is also important because, as you said, if not, what would we eat?, and that is very important.

• I was in FFA my freshman year but not anymore. I don't have much interset anything invloving agriculture or etc. I would consider rejoining ffa though. My favorite thing about national FFA week would be seeing everyone dress up for the days!

• I personally think that Ag 2 is wayyy better than Ag 1 because in Ag 2 we are doing more interesting stuff and not just plant stuff.

• I'm not in FFA, but I'm in 4H and other agriculture-related organizations. I don't have much interest in agriculture as a future career, so It's hard to stay if I would ever consider joining. My favorite thing about national FFA week is seeing everyone dress up and the fact that it is on George Washington's birthday week. 

• I am not in FFA, I was in 4H a while back and decided that stuff involving agriculture, etc. was not for me. I don't think that I would join FFA meaning I am halfway through high school and I kind of know what I want to be and it doesn't involve anything around FFA. I like to see all of the fun things that the FFA members get to do and the things they accomplish. I do think that our school has a very good program for the agriculture business. 

• I used to be in 4H but i really didn't have a passion for it. I really found a passion for FFA.

• I was in FFA for a couple of years, yes it was fun, and I did enjoy the activities and the agriculture involved. I decided not to do it this year because it has nothing to do with what I want to do in the future. I am not going into any agricultural type of work. My favorite thing about national FFA Week is the dress-up days, they are fun and exciting to do. 

• I was in FFA in 7th grade and then again in 9th grade. I didn't realize that you had to be in an agriculture class to be involved in ffa. Which kinda of sucks if you don't plan on using agriculture in the future. But overall I feel like the ag classes are really fun!

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker