Nashville School Shooting Breakdown

On March 27th, a private christian school in Nashville Tennesee was attacked and an active shooter was in the building killing students and adults. 28 year old Audrey Hale shot fataly and killed 6 total people. 3 Children and 3 Staff members and adults were shot dead that day. Hale was originaly a student that went to school in Nashville and was transgender. Days before the shooting she had mapped up a perimeter and multiple maps and routes of the school to plan a deadly attack.

She entered the building around noon pulling up in her small grey car and entered by shooting out the glass from the front two doors. She had 3 weapons: a Kel-Tec Sub-2000, an AR Pistol, and an MP Sheild Pistol. Her rampage lasted around 14 minutes before she was shot dead on the second floor by officers. Before Hale went on her killing spree, she sent an instagram chat to someone saying she did not want to live anymore and what she was about to do will look bad without context; meaning she knew what she would do is a horrific crime that people that are mentally insane would commit.

So far, no motive has been confirmed but some people are hovering around the idea that she was transgender and recently passed laws in Tenessee that completely banned gender-affirming health care that are puberty blockers and will slow down hormones and did her terroristic acts as sort of a protest. The two officers who shot and killed Audrey Hale were praised by Drake, the head of police for taking down the threat immediately because if they waited any longer then it could have gotten way worse very fast. Even though some people tragically lost their life, the police did an outstanding job taking down the threat fast unlike some school shootings in the past like Uvalde which could have became way less lethal of a turnout. 

Sources:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxSGIIrg-_c&t=140s

https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/29/us/nashville-tennessee-school-shooting-what-happened/index.html

What are your thoughts?

What do you think her motive was?

Have you heard about this yet?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• My thoughts are that we need to stop under estamting the trand because they are finally feed up with the bullying.I know what her motavie was She was done with people that dont support her Transgender cult we need to take action and put them in there place.

• I think that people who shoot up schools because of a law change that was against all common decensy makes you mentally ill and should be placed in a home for people wrong in their head. I do agree that Transgender cult all together is mentally ill and do need to take action to stop spreading this information to kids and younger generatoins so they can live a normal better life to not be bullied.

• #GENARATION IS MESSED UP

• I think that she was mentally ill to want to purposely kill a lot of people. I don't really know if she had a motive, she just didn't want to live anymore and wanted to take poeple down with her. I heard about this shooting and thought that was very tragic, and was hoping not too many people were hurt.

• I do agree with you that she was mentally ill to do such a horrific thing to have a plan and a map out of the route she will take to kill children and innocent lifes. Her motive was belived to yes, sucide by cop and take other people down with her, but most believed it was because Tenessee changed a law that states that basically, transgender children cannot have gender changing surgeries and she did her horrific acts as sort of a protest. 

• I think she is, obviously, mentally insane. I think she did this as a protest against the new transgender laws that Tennessee passed. This is such a terrible thing and we are losing so many teachers because they are scared of things like this. 

• I agree anyone who is transgender or gay or whatever else is mentally ill. Part of my religion states that if a man sleeps with another man then he shall be deemed ill in the head. I do also agree with you that this is a terrible thing to happen to schools all around the world and needs to be helped to stop things like this happening and innocent kids losing their life.

• I think that this tragidy is horrible, but could have been much worse if the police had behaved like they did at Uvalde. Her motive was probably being left out and also trying to stop anti-trans teachings at the school. I have heard many people talk about this shooting, but mostly because they think that the shooter being trans is very big deal.

• I do also agree that it could have been worse if the police did not rush in there and kill her within 14 minutes. If this ended up like Uvalde then SO many more casualties and deaths from innocent kids or teachers that were just trying to do there job. I think that it is also horrible and tragic though and that her motive was pitiful. 

• SInce Tennessee is a very conservative state, I think that not feeling included had something to do with it. Obviously, anyone that can commit such a horrific crime is severely mentally ill. The cops did a great job by putting a stop to it only 15 minutes in or it could have been much worse.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker