Security forces have reportedly launched a counter assault on a hotel in the capital of the west African nation of Mali. The situation began around 7 a.m at the Radisson Blu Hotel in bamako when two or three attackers armed with AK-47s exited at least one vehicle with diplomatic plates and entered the hotel with guns firing. Two Malian nationals and a French national have died, a U.N. official said without elaborating.The attack came as the hotel hosted a large delegation to peace talks in the landlocked country, a former French colony that has been battling Islamist extremists with the help of U.N. and French forces.There was conflicting information about how many people were in the hotel. there could be as many as 170 people had been at the hotel at the start, and that 125 guests and 13 employees still were inside by early Friday afternoon.  

What are your thoughts on this event. 

Could this be connected to Isis?

link:http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/20/africa/mali-shooting/index.html

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Be sure to reply to student comments. You also only did one story.

• I think it wasn't ISIS because if it was them, they would have killed a lot of people. Not just 3.

• I think it's a sad event, but sadly, it's not uncommon in today's world. It is very possible it could be connected to ISIS. We are having many troubles with ISIS and this could be another one of their attacks.

• I don't know if after every uprising over seas can be automatically linked back to ISIS. I understand that this group is in full swing with attacks, but we can't always point our fingers towards them when something like this happens. That's how other groups will get away with things. 

• I think this has more to do with the extremists who don't believe in the "peace talks" that are happening in the hotel 

• I think people are seeing all the violence news on ISIS and deciding they want to participate. I don't think this is ISIS, because I feel like it would be more extreme, but I could be wrong. 

• I think that its bad because all of this stuff is just more and more things happening that could possibly lead to a world war 111.

I think it is ISIS it would really surprise me if it wasent.

• bump

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker