Leader of ISIS killed by US.

Early morning of Thursday, February 3rd the head of ISIS was killed by a raid led by the US. President Biden announced, “this horrible terrorist leader is no more”. The leader Abu Ibrahim al-Hashimi al-Qurayshi, the leader of the Islamic State militant group. Thirteen people, including children, died in an overnight raid on an Islamic State safe house in northwestern Syria, local first responders said. There were no reports of American casualties during the operation, but American forces destroyed one of their helicopters after it was disabled. US Special Operations troops that raided the home seized equipment and information that could help the US later with counterterrorism. They took cell phones and hard drives. This practice is very common for the Special Operations group.

Do you think this was necessary?

Will this make things better or worse for the US?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2022/02/03/us-syria-strike/

https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/03/middleeast/isis-leader-dead-abu-ibrahim-al-hashimi-al-qurayshi-intl/index.html

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Your topic choice is good but your summary is brief and does not include your thoughts/opinions. You could have also replied more frequently on three different days.

• Killing the leader of ISIS was a huge thing for America. Not only did this help with every bit of the war with them it keeps America even safer. But our military and our goverment defintly are planned incase of attacks towards America.

• I think that the killing of the leader of ISIS was very necessary. If we want to stop ISIS from hurting more innocent people then we need to start by taking down its leaders. I think this is a step in the right direction for the United States and its war on terrorism. But, I do think that the government should be anticipating some kind of retaliation from ISIS supports.

• I think it was necessary and will benefit a lot of people. Since ISIS won't do as many terrible things right now because they don't have a leader to tell them what to do which is good. And killing terrorists around the world will hopefully have less people become terrorists.

• I think that it was necessary. It will help save a lot of people's lives and slow down ISIS in the US. I think it would have been better if it was done in a different way because it killed some innocent people. Killing their leaders can help slow and hopefully eventually end terrosim around the world. 

• It might be a good thing but I think it should have happened in a different way. Because there were some people who got killed in the prasis. So over all they should have done it a different way that was safer to other people who were killed.

• Overall, I think the end results are postive and it was necessary. I think that losing a leader like that it hard on the team and followers. Yes, the new leader may become upset with it but at least we know to keep an eye out for Isis attacks,

• I Believe what they did was right, for two reasons. Number one They got rid of one of the biggest terrorists, if not the biggest terrorist in the world. This may have saved a lot of people's lives. Reason number two shows other terrorists that the United States does not play around when it comes to them.

• I think this was necessary because they have done so many bad and hurtful things and this could help with the end of terrorism. I think this will make things better for the US because I think this will slow ISIS down since they don't have a leader anymore, and if they have plans it could potentially slow ISIS down.

• I think it was necessary to kill the leader because all that has happened and especially don't want anything like what happened before to happen again. Also he has done nothing good and only killed the lives of all the american people. So its a good thing.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker