Leader of ISIS killed by US.

Early morning of Thursday, February 3rd the head of ISIS was killed by a raid led by the US. President Biden announced, “this horrible terrorist leader is no more”. The leader Abu Ibrahim al-Hashimi al-Qurayshi, the leader of the Islamic State militant group. Thirteen people, including children, died in an overnight raid on an Islamic State safe house in northwestern Syria, local first responders said. There were no reports of American casualties during the operation, but American forces destroyed one of their helicopters after it was disabled. US Special Operations troops that raided the home seized equipment and information that could help the US later with counterterrorism. They took cell phones and hard drives. This practice is very common for the Special Operations group.

Do you think this was necessary?

Will this make things better or worse for the US?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2022/02/03/us-syria-strike/

https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/03/middleeast/isis-leader-dead-abu-ibrahim-al-hashimi-al-qurayshi-intl/index.html

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I don't think is was necessary but I do beileve he needed to be killed to help prevent any attacks on the U.S. or anywhere else in the world. The way it was exicuted and the fact that innocent people were killed was not nessicary. Stopping isis leaders is very important in stopping terrorisim around the world.

• Of course killing the leader of ISIS is a well earnt victory. Upon looking into the operation myself however, the target made sure that he went out with 7 civilians. 2 women and 5  shilderen. I feel like we could have minimized the casualties, but I'm not completely sure.

• Totally agree, but if they get a new leader he won't be too happy in my opinion. He'll probably nuke the US or something at some point.

• I personally, think that this was most likely necessary. I feel it was most likely necessary because this could have a good effect in ending terrorism.  I feel this could have a positive or negative effect for the U.S. because it could be the start of really ending terrorism or it could possibly make ISIS do something to get back at the U.S.

• Obviously I think that it was necessary because they've killed a lot of people. I think that it will make things a little bit better for the US because it might slow them down and stop them from hurting people for a while.

• I agree but two wrongs sometimes make a right. I think that they will get a new leader and they will be super mad and nuke the US or something.

• I think it was necessary because they've done a lot of damage to a variety of people. It might've put the US in a little bit more of danger but I don't think it's likely since the leader was killed and so that should put a stop or a pause on their plans. I also think that it probably didn't put ISIS to a complete stop but made them angry. 

• I think the killing of the ISIS leader was necessary because ISIS is a very dangerous terrorist group. Without the leader, ISIS will slow down their operations. This could be bad for America because it makes us a target for ISIS if they gain control again.

• Very dangerous if they were strong at all. If anything they will team up with China and probably nuke the US.

• I think this could possibly make things worse for the US. Maybe because we will be a major target due to it. I don't think this was necessary at all.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker