Issei Sagawa

im 1981 issei killed dismembered and eat Renee hartevelt. this man has been planing on doing this to someone for 32 years. He explained after words that it was a dream of his. His whole life hes had canibale thoughts, hed look at his class mates and say "mm, that looks dilicous". he later explained that he wanted to eat them as well.but after 32 years of pooting it off he couldnt hold back anymore so he moved to paris to study. He eventually found the perfect victuim, Renee. He attemted once but his gun jammed. so he put his gun away and cariied on. on his second attempt he actually killed her. after he killed her he eat her. 2 days later he put her in  a suitcase and disposed of Renee in a lake unnoticed.he kept what he cut off of her in his freezer for later. police were notified when people saw the suitcase and that it was drippin blood. later the police found Issei and questioned him. he confessed to the murder. he waited 2 years for a trial. they dropped the charges, ported him back to japan to put him in a mental institution. but he didnt go. when the french dropped the charges they sealed the case so no one could get into it. since the japaness had no court documants  against him they had no choice but to let him walk free. he checked himself out in 1986. Hes been free ever since.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I haven't heard of this story before, but it is very interesting! It could be possible that the man had a lot of mental illness and needed help, but I'm saddened he didn't get the help he needed in the 32 years he was plotting to kill someone. Hopefully the family of Renee can heal from what has happened. 

• I also never heard of this story before until now. I agree that this story was interesting and that it's possible that this man had a mental illness or was just a straight-up psychopath. I also hope that the family of Renee can recover from this horrifying event that had taken place.  

• This story is really crazy and hard to wrap my head around. I can not believe that he was pardoned. He literally ate a person, but they were like okay let's put him back into society, not a good call in my opinion, and I feel some people would agree with me.

• I agree as well, I dont think he should have been pardoned considering his crime its disgusting. 

• This sounds insane. Literally eating someone shouldn't be excused by mental health..... it's just wrong to let someone like that back into society and be free. He literally confessed to killing and eating someone and they let him walk free which just sounds horrible.

• The story is a really weird one. I think he should be in prison since it was a premeditated murder. I think that it's stupid that he ins't in prison since they couldn't find the files. Now there is a killer on the loose.

• Crazy story! Be sure to type your summary in Word to help eliminate errors. Also, be sure to inlcude your sources and reply to more people. -30 three days late.

• The story is a weird and scary one. I cannot imagine someone like him living right by me or in my neighborhood. Maybe one-day people will realize and actually put charges on him before it might be too late.

• That is insane that he is free even though he confessed to killing Renee. The murder he committed was also premeditated, so he should be behind bars. I think it is dumb that they couldn't lock him up because not there is a killer on the loose due to them not being able to find the files.

• This sounds very crazy and unrealistic. I don't understand why you would ever want to murder someone, but it's even crazier that he ate her. After admitting to it I do think it was best to be put in the mental institution, however, I don't think he should have been let out. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker