Is Netflix becoming less popular?

Netflix used to be known as the world’s most popular streaming service. But in 2022, it lost almost 1.2 million subscribers. With more and more streaming services dropping, Netflix struggles to stay on top. A lot say that the increase in competition is due to the pandemic. Another issue with Netflix is the large amount of outdated content. Netflix struggles with adding new and updated content, so a large number of people are losing interest. The evidence shows it and it’s pretty obvious that this well-known streaming service is decreasing, but is this decrease deserved? 

Personally, I don’t use Netflix nearly as much as I used to due to the fact that the content is now outdated. I would much rather use streaming services like HBO Max, Hulu, Prime Video, or Peacock. I would most likely use Netflix more if they started adding more content.

Sources:

Do you believe that Netflix has become less popular?

Do you think that Netflix has gone downhill with its content?

Do you still use Netflix as a normal streaming service?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think that Netflix is definitely losing popularity. As streaming sites like HBO Max gain popularity, Netflix loses more customers. Also, people are recently mad at Netflix for trying to reduce the amount of people you can share an account with. I think that Netflix is still a good streaming site, but maybe not the best.

• I agree that other streaming services are now taking many viewers from Netflix.

• i do belive netflix has become less popular as you can watch some of the shows and stuff on netflix on different and cheaper streaming services. i feel netflix is also going downhill because its hard to find a show id like to watch. i still use netflix just not as much as tiktok because it just takes up most of my time.

• I agree that it is hard to find a good and interesting show on Netflix now.

• yes netflix has became least popular and gone down hill with content due to the removal of content people liked and the creation of not needed sequals to bad movies and tv shows nobody cares about

• I agree that they are adding content that is no longer interesting to their viewers.

• I believe that Netflix is becoming less popular because they are getting rid of the older movies and shows. I understand that new shows and movies bring more buisness, but with the movies that people want to watch being gone, they will find a different streaming service.

• I agree that them getting rid of movies and shows is a big part of their downfall.

• I feel like over the past couple of years it has gotten less and less popular with time. I think it is because of the movies they release that aren't as good as they use to be. I have netflix but barely use it anymore, even though I will say that Breaking Bad is probably keeping netflix going. 

• I think that it will continue to get less popular as time goes on too.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker