Recently AI has gotten super advanced by making super realistic videos, making pictures and then being able to make the pictures talk and move, being used in phones and a lot of other things. But it all started in 1950, a person named Alan Turing created the first AI which was also called The Turing Test and was designed to think that a machine can trick humans into thinking that it is human to make it think it has intelligence. Then in the 2010s, AI started getting used more with Amazon Alexa, Siri, and Google assistant. But today, we have a lot more AI in our lives. Recently, Samsung has released their newest phone, the Samsung S24, S24+, and S24 Ultra. The S24 uses a lot of AI  such as circle to search, AI used in their pictures to make images look clearer and better, live call speech to text, and it can summarize your notes for you and any page you're on.

Some people are starting to get scared of AI because of how advanced its technology is getting. I understand why some people are becoming scared of AI and some people are calling it the “AI explosion” and I can see why, I feel like late 2022 and early 2023 was when AI really started getting talked about more with ChatGPT. Even Snapchat started using an AI chatbot called My AI, and then Microsoft bing started using an AI chatbot, Spotify even started to use AI called DJ that gives song recommendations based off what you’ve been listening to and recommends new songs that you may have never listened to before or brings back older songs that you used to listen to a lot.

Some creators of AI are actually starting to get scared of the things they’ve created but some people like the CEO of Google, Sundar Pichai, say that AI is one of the most important things humans have created.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/heres-why-ai-may-be-extremely-dangerous-whether-its-conscious-or-not/

https://www.vox.com/the-highlight/23447596/artificial-intelligence-agi-openai-gpt3-existential-risk-human-extinction

Do you think that we’re getting too much AI or do you think it's cool that we’re getting this much AI?

Are you getting scared of how much AI has advanced?

Did you know that AI went that far back.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I think that AI can be very beneficial, useful, and helpful however, I do think that if it progressed to a certain point it could get out of hand. I am not necessarily scared of how much AI has advanced. I was not aware of how far AI went back.

• I think that AI is useful but I also think that it could be gettign too out of hand. I am just unsure of how far AI is going to continue growing which I guess you could say is concerning.  I was not sure how far AI went back.

• I didn't know AI had been around for so long. Of course, it scares me how much it has advanced because lately it has caused a lot of problems on the Internet with people who have no limits when using it. I think it's great that we have AI but at the same time I think it's very risky that so many people have access to it.

• I think that how cool the advancement of AI might be it's getting kind of scary at the same time. If used in the wrong way, I feel like AI can have too much information about a person. Although I wish this wasn't the case, there is no turning back from AI at this point.

• I think that while the advancement of AI has been very helpful, it might go too far. AI can be very dangerous if it is used the wrong way and if it is given too much information. I feel that it is going to go too far and it will be too late to change it back. 

• I think that its cool how far technology has come that we are able to do things like this. I do think some people of taking advantage of it and that I feel like will become a huge problem in the future. I had no idea AI was a thing in the 1950s.

• I don't think AI is getting too advanced. In fact, I think it's pretty exciting to see how far it has come and how it continues to evolve. I think that it is very interesting that AI has been a thing since 1950, and I had no idea it was that old

• I do think that we are using too much AI in everyday life. But I also think that AI is pretty cool and amazing. AI can be scary if you think about it a lot and it could lead to a lot of people believing things are real that are not. I think AI is just getting way out of hands.

• I think AI is good and very cool but eventually it will get to advanced and we might need to shut it down but as of now it is fine. I did not know that AI went far back at all and I am not scared of AI advancing unless it advances to far and they dont shut it down which I dont think will happen.

• I think that AI is good and if it keeps getting better then we will become more reliant on AI witch might not always be good because kids will use AI to get through Highschool. I think that with AI advancing some jobs may be closed but It will open different jobs aswell.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker