Indiana Football Player Will Face 65 Years In Prison

Aaron Trejo is a seventeen year old football player who lives in Mishawaka, Indiana. In December 2018, when he was 16, he met up with an old girlfriend named Breana Rouhselang, and she told him that she was 6 months pregnant. 6 months is too late to get an abortion, so a week later he stabbed her multiple times and put her body in a black trash bag. Sadly, the baby and Breana both died and were found in a dumpster. Eventually Trejo pleaded guilty, but at first he did not. He will face 65 years total, 55 for the murder of Breana, and 10 for the murder of the 6-month old fetus. 

Read the article 

What are your opinions on abortion? If it was early enough to get one, would you? 

I don't think I would want an abortion if I were to get pregnant, but it is not my choice for other people and I can't control their bodies. But I hope they choose to keep the kid, because the fetus isn't given the choice either. 

If you were Aaron Trejo, what do you think you could do to help Breana with the child, even if it was unwanted?

I think instead of killing his girlfriend and kid, he could have thought of otherways to solve the problem. He could have paid childsupport, helped raise him, bought the kid supplies and toys, or anything else rather than killing it. 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Great job overall Jenny! Be sure to reply back three different days next time.

• I don't think killing the baby solves any problems. If you don't want a kid don't do stuff like that or use some sort of control. I think everyone deserves a chance in life, and you aren't giving the baby one. If you don't want it that bad put it up for adoption. Yes, I would have helped try and take care of the baby. It was not worth 65 years in prison, and now people thinking of you like a murder or baby killer. Even though he was.

• I don't think that abortion solves any problems, so I don't think it's the way to go when you get pregnant. The fetus is a person that's just not fully developed so I think that abortion is like killing someone. If I was Aaron Trejo, I would've been supportive because he was part of the reason that she's pregnant so he should be willing to help. Even if he didn't want to help support the child, he still shouldn't have killed his girlfriend and his child.

• I totally agree with you. If someone thinks that a solution to their problem is to kill a child inside of them, that they are the mother of, then it is super sad for them. I also agree that it does not make sense that Aaron got mad at Breana for getting pregnant, but it's his fault.

• If I was Aaron, I would have supported Breana through her pregnacy, but im not sure if i'd stay. Just help through pregnecy. But I think he shouldn't of killed her, that was dumb. I think he should of just supported her then moved on becasue its obvious he didn't want the kid. But things happen I guess.

• This reply was deleted.
    • I agree that it's my body, so it is my choices fault if I get pregnant, so I should deal with the consequences of that. If I didn't want the kid then I would make sure it got in a nice home and would be okay without me. 

• I personally don’t think abortion is ever the way to go. There are many more options than killing the baby. I wouldn’t get an abortion if I were pregnant mostly because I’m a christain and I believe every child should get a chance. If I were him I would help her set it up for adoption and pay for the baby’s needs like clothes, food, etc. 

• I personally would not get an abortion because I believe that fetuses have the potiental to become a person, so they should have human rights, and that would mean not killing them. However, since it is legal in most states, if someone would get and abortion I would respect their decision to do so. I beleive that instead of killing his old girlfriend and their unborn child, Aaron Trejo could have helped Breana with expenses for the baby and could of helped to support the kid. Aaron could have also talked to Breana about other options like adoption.  

• I 100 percent agree that I want the child to live it's full potential and live its own life. And if they have a heartbeat and a brain, I believe that they have the right to live and fullfill all that they are supposed to. It is getting better for abortion now that Trump is  making them illegal, but I understand why in some cases an abortion would be okay. Like if the mother or baby were going to die while birth, I understand why.

• In my opinion I think that abortions should never happen unless it is a life or death situation with the mother. I believe this because abortion is just the same as killing someone who is already born. So in this situation if it was still early enough to get an abortion they should not abort the child unless having the baby would cost the mother her life.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker