Impact of social media on teenagers

I believe that the impact social media has on teenagers was most definitely not the intended purpose. The reason the internet was invented was to let kids and teens have the knowledge of the world at their fingertips but instead of that the internet is being used for almost the exact opposite.

Instead of kids learning how to do multiplication they are learning how to shoot a gun at the age of 5, teens, while been more mature do use it for searching up an answer to a question, they also tend to do various other things like learning how to harm others for fun and even going as far as telling someone to end their own life, and there are two types of ways people react to that, some might have the mindset of “this person doesn’t know me therefore i'm not gonna let them get on my nerves”, or the mindset of letting them get into your head and believing what they say might be true.

But on the other hand the internet isn’t all that bad, it does have the information on anything you’ll want to know, and I do believe that we should be able to have the knowledge but there are some people who need to learn who they are as a person before they get on the internet and try to learn other things that aren’t as important

In conclusion, I believe that the internet is far from being safe and should be used by people who only need the information they need and not for cyberbullying others on video games, and everyone needs to help each other change the negativity of the internet.

Do you think the internet should been banned for certian age groups, if so why and what age?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I feel like the internet should not be banned because we use it for a lot of things and not just social media. We need internet to do almost 100% of things at school. I remember a few times when the internet went out and we basically had a free day.

• No, I don't think the internet should be banned for certain age groups. Although social media causes a lot of problems with mental health and other things it is also really beneficial and can help a lot of people learn more and learn how to socialize. 

• I don't think the internet should be banned. What some kids search up is awful but the internet was created to find express and learn ideas. I think parents should moniter what their children are doing on the internet but I don't think it should be banned. 

• I think that the internet should be limited to some age groups, not banned. I think that younger kids should have a "safety lock" so that they can't watch bad videos or do bad things on the internet which could help prevent more problems in the future. I think that little kids should be able to have certain apps that help them learn things that they should be learning at their age level.

• I Personly belive that the internet should not ban certian age groups. Right now are world is constianly turning toward the internet and advancing the products of today. Banning certian age groups from using the ineternet would not help them when the get older and lack the understanding of it.

• I don't think that the internet should be banned for certain age groups, but I do think that it should be banned for children. They can get exposed to many different innapropriate things that people their age shouldn't know about. Even if the internet doesn't get banned for their age group, their parents should definently give them restrictions.

• I don't think there can really be a ban put in place for really anyone, although there probably should be. Instead parents should limit their kids and set up rules for using the internet. They could even put restrictions on the computer or whatever device it is, so they can't look up certain things.

• I don't think that the internet should be banned, but I do think for younger kids, the parents should moniter what their kid is doing on the internet. The internet can be a very benefitical thing, and can teach younger kids a lot of information. But at the same time, it can be very scary and unsafe place for kids.

• I do not think that the internet should be banned for children because it is the parents' choice on whether they want to allow their kid to be on the internet. However, I feel that parents should regulate what their kids are watching at a young age. This is because it should be the parents' job to make sure their kid is watching appropriate things for their age.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker