Hog Apocalypse

The state of Texas is being overrun by wild hogs. There are over 2 million wild hogs that are threatening the state of Texas. These hogs are destroying the state of Texas. These hogs cause over 50 million dollars in damage each year to the crops of Texas. Hogs destroy the laws, flowers, livestock tanks, as well as many other types of of equipment. Each year, hunters kill 750,000 hogs each year. Spanish people brought the hogs to help with crops. Instead, the hogs ended up destroying everything. People are putting poison on the food called Kaput Feral Hog Lure. This poison has warfarin in it. For humans it is a blood thinner. For hogs, it is a killer. People will put out non-toxic food to lure the hogs in. Then when the hogs start coming back on a regular basics, they will poison the food. 

Questions

Do you think this will work to kill a lot of the hogs? 

What do you think they will do with all the bodies?

Would you eat the meat from the poisoned hogs?

I think that this technique will work with the killing of the pigs. They hogs will eat just about anything. They eat a lot. I think that they will make meat out of the bodies. I would not eat the poisoned hog meat. I do not want to get sick. 

Link:

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Good summary but be sure to comment a lot more next time.

• It will probably kill a good amount but not a lot.

Burn the bodies is the best thing to do.

No I would not eat the meat I am not taking any chance

• I think that the poisoned food would work, I just don't know what they would do with all the bodies? Maybe instead of killing the hogs, something else could be done...I know they aren't good, but I don't like when animals die. I would defiantly not eat them though.  

• Yes, i definitely think it will help. If the hogs come back on a regular basis, they will come back and get poisoned. My concern is that it will kill other animals as well. Probably just leave them for other animals to scavenge. No chance, only if it wont harm me after being cooked.

• Yes, I think that poisoning the food will work. I don't know what they will do with the bodies and I would not eat the meat from the hog cause I think it could make people sick.

• The technique in theory seems like it could work. I can see it going well. It might be completely different in real life we'll see. The people will have a lot of work with disposing the bodies I believe. I don't know how they could do it though. I don't think I could eat their meat. But for all I know they could put in almost everywhere in factories.

• Yes but eventually it would senescence that their body would eventually and sooner than expected get use to and just treat as a normal sickness or just get rid of it. People got to remember they weren't the only ones made for this planet and they were here first so honestly the only thing i think they should be protecting is the property they live on or the town they are in. Eat them. Obvioulsy your going to kill the poison in there first unless you want to see the affects of it. 

• 1. not really

2. cut them up and eat them or sell the meat

3. if its cooked right yes

• I think that poisoning the hogs' food may work, especially since, like you said, hogs will eat just about anything!  However, it would certainly take a lot of poisoned food to be able to kill 2 million hogs, and the number of resulting bodies would be very large. I would hope that producers would not make meat out of these poisoned hogs because that would put many people in danger. 

• I think that it will work to kill a lot of the hogs. Once they get all the hogs lured in they will be able to get rid of a good portion of the hogs. I think that they will burn all of the hogs or just find somewhere to bury all of the hogs. I would not eat the meat from the hogs because you could risk getting the "poison" from the hogs. Which would really just be a blood thinner but you could risk your blood getting really thin which could be bad in some peoples situations. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker