history of the united states military

The US military formed on june 14th, 1775, during the american revolution. It was first called the continental army. George Washington was the first president of the United states but also was the first president to use our military.  The US developed a more formal kind of military in 1846 during the Mexican American war. The war started when a detachment of U.S. troops clashed with Mexican forces near the Rio Grande.  

The next time the U.S.army is used in major action was World War 1. This war brought many improvements in combat and a new kind of strength to the U.S. Their navy was stronger than ever and the U.S. had its first tank corps giving them another advantage on the battlefield. After WW1 the U.S. would slowly grow to be the world superpower. World War 2 would bring the U.S. army back out. After Japan launched their attack on pearl harbor the U.S. would officially join the war effort. WW2 would bring many improvements to the United states army and navy.  This would rang from weapons, vehicles, training to technology and science. 

Couple years later the United States went to war with afghanistan. The U.S would show how strong they are by using air strikes and vast improvements to there strategies and  weapons. 

https://www.military.com/history#:~:text=The%20U.S.%20military%20formed%20on,the%20nation%20and%20its%20military

did you know about the histroy of our army?

do you think the information is usfaul?

do you know anything else  about the histoy of our army?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I did not know about the histroy of our army before reading this article. I think that everyone should learn the history of our army at some point. it could be useful to know about this type of stuff.  I don't know anything else about the history of our army.

• I haven't known that much about the army, but I've heard some stuff here and there. Yes, I think that the information is useful because it informs everyone. I do not know anything else about the history of the army.

• I don't think I really heard about the history of the army and not really reading up to date about it. I think the information is useful because then people can learn about the army that fought for our country and our freedom. I didn't know anything else about the history of our army.

• I did not know much about the history of our army, I only knew a small part of it. I think it is important for people in the United States to know about this because this is their history and the only reason that this country is safe and free. I do not know anything else about the history of our army.

• I didn't ever think about the history of our army, I just assumed we always had one. I think this information makes me think about how before 1775, we were in much more danger to get attacked, so living in that time would be scary and I would always be on edge.

• I acually didn't know anything about the history of the army and I also havent read anything about it over the young years and maybe it was going on then but i havent heard of anything about it.

• The information is usfaul and it is also very interesting. I didn't know that the U.S army was formed in 1775. 

• I actually did not know about the history of the United states army. I think that everyone should learn this stuff because it's importatant to now. This information can help us not make the same mistakes in the future. I personally do not know any more information about the U.S. army.

• I did not knwo the history of the United States army. I think the information was useful and that is why history is so important to learn. Not only for the future but also for now, we can learn from our mistakes to not make them again. I don't know anything else about the history of the United States army.

• No, I did not know the full story of our army but it was very interesting post. I think that this information could be useful but not would be used everyday. I don't know much more about the army other than both my grandpas went in it. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker