history of the united states military

The US military formed on june 14th, 1775, during the american revolution. It was first called the continental army. George Washington was the first president of the United states but also was the first president to use our military.  The US developed a more formal kind of military in 1846 during the Mexican American war. The war started when a detachment of U.S. troops clashed with Mexican forces near the Rio Grande.  

The next time the U.S.army is used in major action was World War 1. This war brought many improvements in combat and a new kind of strength to the U.S. Their navy was stronger than ever and the U.S. had its first tank corps giving them another advantage on the battlefield. After WW1 the U.S. would slowly grow to be the world superpower. World War 2 would bring the U.S. army back out. After Japan launched their attack on pearl harbor the U.S. would officially join the war effort. WW2 would bring many improvements to the United states army and navy.  This would rang from weapons, vehicles, training to technology and science. 

Couple years later the United States went to war with afghanistan. The U.S would show how strong they are by using air strikes and vast improvements to there strategies and  weapons. 

https://www.military.com/history#:~:text=The%20U.S.%20military%20formed%20on,the%20nation%20and%20its%20military

did you know about the histroy of our army?

do you think the information is usfaul?

do you know anything else  about the histoy of our army?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• No, I didn't know all the history about our army, but some parts of it I knew already. Yes I think this information is useful and important to know so it can help us in the future and we don't make mistakes. No, I don't really know much else about our army. 

• I was not aware about the history of our army. I did know some, because I have had family members in the army, but I did not know all of it. I do think that this information is useful. I do not know anything else about the history of our army.

• I did know about the military my brother. I think that it pret ty useful. definitely need to learn about the history more it sounds very interesting don't know much of the history about are army besides some of the wars they've been in. no id ont

• I didn't know a whole lot about the history of the military before reading this I knew the basics it protects our country and deals with any problems. I definitely need to learn about the history more it sounds very interesting.  

• I did not know a whole lot about the history of our army but I have heard some things. I think that learning about our army can be very useful to know. Its nice knowing what they all do for us and how they do the things they do. 

• I don't know much of the history about are army besides some of the wars they've been in. I think this information is useful as its nice to know about the past information about our amry and our country to know what its been through and what out veterans have done.

• I dont know alot about the history of our army, but i do know that over the years are army has improved their weapns vechilaes and they even improved the soldiers. The history od are army and the hisrory of of solider that was apart of the army is very impotant i should never be forgoten.

• I don't know the history of our army but it is very useful to us they keep our country safe and fight for our freedom.  There is much to do in the millitary. 

• No I didn't know much about it, I think that it is useful because I think that more people should know about how the army works.  I think that this covered everything about the army and basically told everything we need to know, and everything that I didn't know.

• I did not know about the history of the US Army, I had never seen anyone talk about the history of the US Army before. I think the information is useful. I do not know anything about this Army, just what I just read here.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker