history of the united states military

The US military formed on june 14th, 1775, during the american revolution. It was first called the continental army. George Washington was the first president of the United states but also was the first president to use our military.  The US developed a more formal kind of military in 1846 during the Mexican American war. The war started when a detachment of U.S. troops clashed with Mexican forces near the Rio Grande.  

The next time the U.S.army is used in major action was World War 1. This war brought many improvements in combat and a new kind of strength to the U.S. Their navy was stronger than ever and the U.S. had its first tank corps giving them another advantage on the battlefield. After WW1 the U.S. would slowly grow to be the world superpower. World War 2 would bring the U.S. army back out. After Japan launched their attack on pearl harbor the U.S. would officially join the war effort. WW2 would bring many improvements to the United states army and navy.  This would rang from weapons, vehicles, training to technology and science. 

Couple years later the United States went to war with afghanistan. The U.S would show how strong they are by using air strikes and vast improvements to there strategies and  weapons. 

https://www.military.com/history#:~:text=The%20U.S.%20military%20formed%20on,the%20nation%20and%20its%20military

did you know about the histroy of our army?

do you think the information is usfaul?

do you know anything else  about the histoy of our army?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I didn't know any about the US army's history. I think that the information would definetly be useful for someone involved in the military or the government and also just good to know for all US citizens. It's important we have respect for the military and veterans.

• I wasn't that sure of the history but I knew a good amount about the army. I think that this had a lot of information about the army. I don't but the information is very cool and helped me learn a few things.

• I knew a little about the history of the United States army however I don't know every thing about them for sure. I thought it was really cool that Geoge washington was the frist military president. I think some of this imformation can be useful in the furture.

• I did but I didn't know this much until not. I think that it is usful because I think that more people should know about how the army runs. I do not. I think that you covered everything about the army and everything that I didn't know.

• I did not know much about the history of our army. I think it is slightly important to know about this stuff. I do not.

• I didn't really know about the history of our army, but I did know that Geoge Washington started the whole process. I think that this information is useful for people wanting to go into the military, but it probably isn't very useful to me because I won't use it at all. 

• I haven't really heard much about the history of our military before. Yes, it's useful to know how our military started. I don't know anything else about the history of our army.

• I didn't know a lot about the military other than the great improvements it has made over the years. I think it was interesting to read about how the US became a military superpower, and what gave us the ability to fight in such difficult wars. 

• I did not know about the history of the army, atleast not this much. I think this is good information nd could be useful in certain scenarios that someone may be in. I don't know anything else about the history of the United States army.

• I did not know about the history, yes i think it useful, I do know some more things about the army

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker