History of Scooter's

In California, in the 1990s, Don and Linda Eckles had an idea. While there were many coffee shops that you could stop and sit in, they were not reasonable for busy customers. After Linda and Don discovered a drive-thru coffee shop, they decided to create their own coffee shop that was efficient. In 1998, the first Scooter's was founded and opened, then known as, Scooter's Java Express, in Bellevue, Nebraska. They came up with the name by starting with their goal, to provide customers with a fast experience that allowed them to "scoot in and scoot out" with their coffee, which allowed them to land on the name, Scooter's. At the first location, Linda would work the drive-thru window while Don would make the coffee in the back. After working at the first location for some time, Linda got the idea to put smiley-face stickers on every cup to show the friendly and fast service their business was known for.

Don and Linda had a simple method for success for their coffee shop, to have a good location, high-quality, delicious drinks, fast and speedy service, and a big smile with a happy attitude. Their simple method drew many customers in that loved how they ran their business. This allowed Don and Linda to rapidly grow their business in the Omaha area until they started franchising.

By 2001, Scooter's already had 5 stores. The Eckles decided they wanted to franchise their business to see how their creation could expand and grow. The first Scooter's franchise was in Council Bluffs, Iowa, followed by hundreds more. In 2005, they changed the name to Scooter's Coffeehouse to display a more modern profile to help attract coffee-lovers who wanted a high-quality and tasty drink. They also redesigned their logo, a third time, to help bring a new era and look to the business. Finally, in 2011, they changed the name, one last time, to Scooter's Coffee and they now have over 600 locations.

https://franchising.scooterscoffee.com/the-scooters-coffee-story/

Do you like coffee?

Do you go to Scooter's?

What's your favorite thing to order?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I also used to not like coffee, but I do now. I also prefer my coffee flavored and iced.

• I don't like coffee. I usually enjoy scooters fruit drinks. I haven't gone to scooters in a long time. It saves money. Scooters is very expensive. My favorite food from scooters is the giant chocolate chip cookie. Its pretty good. 

• I enjoy coffee, however when I go to Scooter's I also get some sort of fruit drink and I also like the chocolate chip cookie.

• YES, i love coffee I get it almost every morning. I do go to scooters very once in a while but it isnt my favriot it is just fast and that is why i chose it. i get a smoothie when i am there because that is what tasted the best.

• I also love coffee, and get it almost every morning. I also get the smoothie when I go to Scooter's.

• I dont really like coffee and I think places like scooters and other coffee places charge too much for their products I have been to scooters before but I have never got anything form there. I don't know what I would like if I ordered something from scooters.

• I am alright with coffee but I rarely drink it because I like other drinks a lot better. I go to scooters sometimes and I think it's decent. I get the peach smoothie or the peanut butter power.

• I don't like coffee, but I do like fruity drinks like smoothies or refreshers. I thinl that scooters is a great place to go to get these thinsg. The only dowside to scooters is their prices. They're more expensive than id like them to be. Its 5 bucks for one small sandwich, and around 5 bucks for a drink. Its jsut a little to expensive in my opinion. 

• I personally like coffee, but I also like smoothies and refreshers from Scooter's.

• I like coffee, but it isn't something I drink that often because I prefer teas or smoothies. I go to Scooter's sometimes when I want a drink from there, but I don't go too much because it can add up fast. I usually get an infusion or a smoothie.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker