History of Mellification "Honey, Im dead"

Human mummy confection. This is a medicinal substance created by soaking human cadavers in honey.  This is a gruesome process to mummify people to later consume as a form of medicine. This is believed to have originated in ancient Arabia and later made its way to China in the 16th century. Honey was used for many things for it was packed with energy and was used as a cure-all. Honey is high in sugar causing it to suck water from bacteria so essentially drying the microbes to death. Typically Older men would donate themselves to the mellification process this happens while still alive. First, they would switch to a honey-only diet, they would then be sealed in a stone coffin filled with honey for a century. Then they were ready to purchase. After about a century they would have turned it into confection used to heal wounds and broken bones. 

Alexander the Great was reportedly submerged in honey, he wanted to keep himself presentable for public display.  Honey itself affects around 60 types of bacteria such as fungi and viruses.  There is evidence of honey being used in burial rites. Modern embalming consists of replacing all the body's natural fluids and replacing them with a preservative liquid. They used different methods such as stitches to close jaws and spiked eye caps to keep the eyelids shut. In Europe, they practiced different methods, such as removing the internal organs and immersing the body in alcohol.

What do you think about this would you want to experience this?

Would you try some of this confection for healing?

What will you do with your body afterlife?

http://https://www.poppysfunerals.co.uk/talking-death/honey-herbs-and-alcohol-the-surprising-history-of-embalming/#:~:text=Mellification&text=Alexander%20the%20Great%20was%20also,helps%20to%20dry%20out%20microbes.

http://https://outofedenwalk.nationalgeographic.org/articles/2015-05-honey-im-dead/

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I would not want to experience this because eating only honey would make me feel horrible. I would definitely not try this as a confection for healing, because I think it's disgusting and scary. I want to be buried or cremated when I die.

• I do not want to experience this because it sounds a kinda gross. I feel like it is a good method for healing but I don't know if I would ever try it. I hope that my body is eventually cremated.

• I do think it could be a great method of healing and I believe that there are many different ways to healing no one knows about. I think that every culture has totally different ways of healing the body and they are all effective.

• I would never want to ever experince something like this or simmilar to this. I would want to be burried or cremated when I die. I think this method for healing is very unethical and terrifing. I hope that my body is burned or burried.

• I would not want to expirence anything like this. I would rather just be buried when I am dead. I would not try this method for healing because it seems so scary and unreal. I hope my body is buried after I die. 

• I would not want to expirence a process like this, because when I die I just want to be buried like regular. I thought of being covered with honey after I die sounds weird and unnatural. This seems like a scary process and unnecessary too.

• I would not want to experience something like this. It sounds really scary. I would never want to be buried alive. Although, it sounds very interesting, I would never want to do that. I think the scary part about that is, what is going to happen to my body. 

• Yeah, I can totally see where you are coming from and I understand not wanting to do it because of being uncertain of where your body is going. I personally don't know how I would feel if I was buried alive in honey. 

• I would not like to experience this process and I think it would be terrible to be buried alive. I would probably not try this method for healing becuase is seems so gruesome and there are many better options from current medical technology. I hope my body is burried after I die.

• i think this is a very intresting thing some people would love to have there loved ones body pereseverd. but i dont think i would want to do that in my own opion. i dont think this would help people feel better the human body has a lot of viruses in it. idk id probalby burn it and ask for my ashes to be spread out in some wild place

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker