History of iPhones

Did you know when the first iPhone was created? The first generation of the iPhone was announced on January 9, 2007, and was distributed in the United States on June 27, 2007. This model was created and released by Steve Jobs( the CEO of Apple). Since 2007, Apple has released a new iPhone and IOS update once every single year. The first iPhone was approximately $199. Each year Apple iPhone grew in popularity and became very normal for people to use. The iPhone also got better and better each year, there were multiple upgrades, and eventually, the iPhone started to be more efficient. 

But with those benefits, the price of the iPhone kept growing as well. The newest iPhone in 2024 cost roughly $1,199.00 at the Apple store. According to Exploding Topics, In the US, 57.93% of the population uses and likes iPhones and Apple products. The rest use Samsung or other types such as Androids. Most people like their Apple phones and wouldn't switch to a different brand. The iPhone 14 Max is the most popular phone right now, and the most used iPhone, even though the 15 and 15 Pro Max just came out. The 15 has been said to break easily and not be very durable. 

In my opinion, I like my iPhone, it is very reliable. I have the iPhone 13 pro max and I have a great amount of storage for all of my pictures and videos, and I think it's easy for me to use on a day-to-day basis. I've never had a problem with my iPhone. I will say it was pricey, but I think the quality is worth it. That is the only downside to Apple iPhones, they’re very expensive and not easy to get if you don’t have a good phone plan. 

What kind of phone do you have?

Do you think iPhones are expensive?

Do you think iPhones are worth it?

Sources:  

https://www.computerworld.com/article/3692531/evolution-of-apple-iphone.html

https://explodingtopics.com/blog/iphone-android-users#:~:text=In%20the%20US%2C%20iPhone%20has,average%20salary%20than%20Android%20users

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I have a Samsung phone and it works pretty good. In my opinion, I do think that iPhones run better than Samsung's do though. I think that iPhones are expensive and that is the reason why my parents chose for me to have a Samsung phone. I think that the expenses could be worth it.

• I have a flip phone for now but i think i will be getting a Iphone soon, i do think that iphones are really expensive, i especially the new ones, but i do think that their worth it because they are probably the most advanced phones out there.

• I have the iPhone 13, I think that iPhones could be priced more reasonably but I do understand that they are trying to make a good profit off of the product. I've had my iPhone for almost 3 years now and it still works the same as when I bought it.

• I have A galaxy samsung galaxy a03 and it is a good phone but it's laggy on some games.  I think that the iphone is worth it on buying and it's not as laggy as some androids and samsungs. Iphones are really expensive to buy than most samsungs and androids. 

• Yes I do think Iphones are expensive becuase the phone is ok in general but the battery life sucks. I own a Samsung and the battery on my Samsung lasts so much longer then a Iphone.

• I have the iPhone 14, which I got relatively close to when it came out. I think iPhones are expensive. Before my iPhone 14, I had the iPhone 11 for three years. It lasted a long time and I hardly had any problems. While they are expensive, I think they last a long time and are good quality. 

• I have the iPhone 14 and it is still newish. Iphones are very expensive the newest one costs $800 and their prices are only gonna go up. I do believe that phones are worth the price they are because they have the best camera quality and best features compared to other brands of phones. 

• I have an Iphone 12 mini and I have some problems with it. I think iphone are getting more and more expensive as newer ones come out but they are used so much. However I still think that buying an iphone is worth the money. 

• I have an IPhone 11 and I don't usually have many problems with it. They are getting increasingly expensive but people have to take into consideration that they are used on a daily basis, so it's not much of a waste of money. I think they are worth it.

• I think iPhones are a little too expensive, but I also think they are worth it. Most newer phones cost similar amounts anyway, so unless you want to get an older model, it is worth the cost for a more advanced phone. I think the problems with the newer iPhones are typical phone problems.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker