history of Florida

There are a lot of things that people don't know about florida. They became a state on March, 3rd 1845. When I think about Florida I think about how hot and nice it is but, I learned that Florida has gotten to -2 before.

One thing that you may not know about Florida is that it was under colonial rule by Spain from the 16th century to the 19th century, and briefly by Great Britain during the 18th century. They stopped having control over them in 1783. This also means that they were named after something in Spain. They were named after the Spanish festival  La Pascua Florida after the Spanish festival Pascua Florida, which means "festival of flowers."

One fun fact is that the First Integrated Professional Baseball Game for African Americans. Took Place in Florida Jackie Robinson the first professional basketball player. Played a training game in Dayton Beach,Florida. Another one is that Florida is the flattest state in america. When I think of flat states I think of flat states I think of Nebraska somewhere in the midwest.

I love traveling to Florida and being on the beach. This is one of the reasons why I go. I want to go to Disney World some time. Did you know that Orlando is one of the most visited cities because of disney world. I go to Jacksonville to see my cousins. Outside of Alaska, Jacksonville is the biggest country. Nearly 2 times the size of Los Angeles.

link  

link

Have you been to Florida? If so, have you ever gone to Disney World ?

Did you learn anything new? 

Do you like or play basketball?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Good job overall but the history of Florida is very vast so your summary could have highlighted some of the other big moments in Florida history.

• I personally have never been to Florida or gone to Disney world ever. I think it would be a super fun experience if I ever did get the opportunity to go. I played basketball when I was younger but I do not play now. I still enjoy going to the games to support!

• florida is a very fun place to be ii have family there so iI went there last year for my first time.

• I have never been to Florida, but I would like to go and visit Disney World. There were a lot of interesting facts that I didn't know but ine that stood out to me was the facts that Florida is the flattest state in America. I like to watch basketball more than I like to play basketball.

• I'm glad you had fun!

• I have been to Florida, but I have never been to Disney World. I think it would be fun to go to Disney World though. I love going to the beach and seeing the plants and wildlife, and I also like how it is warm there all year. I like watching basketball but I do not play.

• I have never been to florida, but I would like to go sometime in my life. I think disney world might be a little fun to go to. I did learn a few new things about florida that I have never heard of before. I used to play basketball up until 8th grade year, but in highschool I stopped playing. 

• I have gone to Florida and Disney World on a couple of occasions. I really like taking trips to the beach and seeing all of the wildlife there. I didn't realize that Florida was the flattest state in the US, I thought it would be one of the more populated states such as New Jersey. 

• I would love to go to didn't i'm glad you had fun!

• I have gone to florida and disneyworld multiple times, it is one of my tops vacations. I learned a lot about florida that I wasn't aware of before and it is nice to discover some new things about it. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker