History of Fast Foods

We all know about Fast Foods we all go and visit them sometimes maybe all the time like Burger King, Wendy's, McDonald but what was the main fast foods that everyone always visited well Most historians agree that the American company White Castle was the first fast-food outlet, starting in Wichita, Kansas in 1916 with food stands and founding in 1921, selling hamburgers for five cents apiece from its inception and spawning numerous competitors and emulators.

The Main person that created White Castle is "Billy Ingram" opened White Castle in Wichita, Kansas, in 1921, selling the iconic little burgers the family-owned business has become famous for. So easy to eat, they were dubbed "Sliders" and sold by the sack. Billy Ingram moved White Castle to Columbus in 1934 after buying out Anderson's share of the business. White Castle's founders decided to change the public's perception of hamburgers. They built their restaurants so that customers could see the food being prepared. They painted the buildings white and even chose a name that suggested cleanliness. White Castle was most popular in the American East and Midwest, but its success helped give hamburger meat a better reputation nationwide. So, like cars, White Castle played an important part in the development of fast food.

In 1921, Billy Ingram launched a family-owned business with $700 and an idea, selling five-cent, small, square hamburgers so easy to eat, they were dubbed Sliders and sold by the sack. In 2014, Time Magazine declared our iconic Original Slider the most influential burger of all time. Today our family-owned business sells the same humble, 100 percent USDA beef patty with onions and pickle, creating memorable moments for Craver generations everywhere. The only thing better than polishing off a Sack of Sliders alone, is doing it with friends. Could it get any better than that? White Castle. Because The Crave Is A Powerful Thing.

Have you ever visited White Caslte?

What is Your favoite Fast Food?

Do you Prefer fast food now or back then?

Source

Source

Video

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• No, I have never been to White Caslte but I have heard of it. If I had to chose my favorite fast food it would probably be hardes becasue they have good bugers. I don't really know if I prefer back then or now fast food. 

• Personally, I have never been to a White Castle fast food resturant. I would say that my favorite fast food resturant is Chick-Fil-A because of the mac and cheese. I honestly don't know what it was like back then, so I think that I prefer fast food now.

• I've never visited white castle before. I don't really have a favortie fast food place. I prefer neither if it was fast food now or back then because fast food is too fast

• No I have never visited White Casite, I like taco bell. neither. 

• I have never visited white castle. my favorite fast food is mcdonalds. I think fast food is better know because there are more things to choose from and different ways to order

• I have never visited White Castle, but I have heard that the food is good. My favorite fast food restaurant would have to be Culver's. I think today's fast food is much better than it was back then. We have more options to choose from and the food is probably better quality.

• I never visited the White Castle but it might be fun to visit it. I love mexican food their very good but in my opinion I don't really like eating fast food. I don't want both but I think todays is better.

• I have never visited White Castle, I have heard of it when I was watching the show Impractical Jokers. They will sometimes do jokes in the fast food chain. My favorite fast food place is either Panda Express or Freddy's. Fast food back then would be better in my opinion, it would most likely be healthier.

• Me personally, I have never visited a White Castle but im sure it's good. My favorite fast food resturaunt has to either be Chick Fil-A or Mcdonalds. I think that I would choose the fast food from now because their is a lot more options on yout fast food. The fast food industry is defiently still going to be thriving for a while.

• I have never had food from White Castle but I have heard of it. I don't think that I have a favorite fast food restaurant. Most of them have equally good food, but if you eat fast food all of the time, it can get old. I would prefer fast food now because there are lots of different options of what you can get at all of the restaurants.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker