History of Fast Foods

We all know about Fast Foods we all go and visit them sometimes maybe all the time like Burger King, Wendy's, McDonald but what was the main fast foods that everyone always visited well Most historians agree that the American company White Castle was the first fast-food outlet, starting in Wichita, Kansas in 1916 with food stands and founding in 1921, selling hamburgers for five cents apiece from its inception and spawning numerous competitors and emulators.

The Main person that created White Castle is "Billy Ingram" opened White Castle in Wichita, Kansas, in 1921, selling the iconic little burgers the family-owned business has become famous for. So easy to eat, they were dubbed "Sliders" and sold by the sack. Billy Ingram moved White Castle to Columbus in 1934 after buying out Anderson's share of the business. White Castle's founders decided to change the public's perception of hamburgers. They built their restaurants so that customers could see the food being prepared. They painted the buildings white and even chose a name that suggested cleanliness. White Castle was most popular in the American East and Midwest, but its success helped give hamburger meat a better reputation nationwide. So, like cars, White Castle played an important part in the development of fast food.

In 1921, Billy Ingram launched a family-owned business with $700 and an idea, selling five-cent, small, square hamburgers so easy to eat, they were dubbed Sliders and sold by the sack. In 2014, Time Magazine declared our iconic Original Slider the most influential burger of all time. Today our family-owned business sells the same humble, 100 percent USDA beef patty with onions and pickle, creating memorable moments for Craver generations everywhere. The only thing better than polishing off a Sack of Sliders alone, is doing it with friends. Could it get any better than that? White Castle. Because The Crave Is A Powerful Thing.

Have you ever visited White Caslte?

What is Your favoite Fast Food?

Do you Prefer fast food now or back then?

Source

Source

Video

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I have never visited White Castle, it seems good though. My favorite fast food place is probably Culver's, wingstop or chick-fil-a, I love it there. I think fast food now can be kinda bad, it used to be more cheap and fast.

• I have never went to Culvers I would also like to eat there it is true that fast foods now are kinda bad but there are some foods that do have good foods as well and I could also agree with you that the food back then were fast and cheap but some of their old fast foods gave food poisoning but I insist on people to try new things but for White Caslte "Old Things".

• I have never been to White Castle, though it seems great. I would like to visit White Castle for the experience and good fast food. My favorite fast food resteraunts are Panda Express, Panara, and Toco Bell. I think fast food has come a long way from when it first started so, I think I like fast food now better than back then.

• I have never been to white castle. My favorite fast food is between Canes, wingstop, and panchuros. I think back then, fast food was better for some resteraunts like McDonalds. However, I think it's better now that we have canes and some newer resteraunts.

• I have not visited white cattle, but I heard it is a good and nice place. My favorite fast food is b bops because I used to go to it every day during the Iowa state fair. I prefer the old fast food because it costs less and tastes better. 

• I have never been to White Castle. I don't really have a fast food but McDonalds is okay. I think it was better back then because the food was a lot less money.

• I have never visited white castle, but I have wanted to. My favorite fast food as of now is probably either Dairy Queen or Culvers because of the ice cream options. And if I chose between now and then, I would choose fast food now. 

• I have never visited White Castle before but i do want to try it, my favorite fast food place is probably McDonalds as they have a wide variety of food. I prefer fast food now just because it is what i remeber and am used too.

• No, I have never heard or gone to White Castle. My favorite fast food is either Subway or McDonald's and I prefer fast food now.

• I think that I would just perfer when fastfood back then when there was A lot of different food's to go and pick from. My favorite fastfood place used to me Mcdonalds but now I do like Chick fl A better.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker