History of Fast Foods

We all know about Fast Foods we all go and visit them sometimes maybe all the time like Burger King, Wendy's, McDonald but what was the main fast foods that everyone always visited well Most historians agree that the American company White Castle was the first fast-food outlet, starting in Wichita, Kansas in 1916 with food stands and founding in 1921, selling hamburgers for five cents apiece from its inception and spawning numerous competitors and emulators.

The Main person that created White Castle is "Billy Ingram" opened White Castle in Wichita, Kansas, in 1921, selling the iconic little burgers the family-owned business has become famous for. So easy to eat, they were dubbed "Sliders" and sold by the sack. Billy Ingram moved White Castle to Columbus in 1934 after buying out Anderson's share of the business. White Castle's founders decided to change the public's perception of hamburgers. They built their restaurants so that customers could see the food being prepared. They painted the buildings white and even chose a name that suggested cleanliness. White Castle was most popular in the American East and Midwest, but its success helped give hamburger meat a better reputation nationwide. So, like cars, White Castle played an important part in the development of fast food.

In 1921, Billy Ingram launched a family-owned business with $700 and an idea, selling five-cent, small, square hamburgers so easy to eat, they were dubbed Sliders and sold by the sack. In 2014, Time Magazine declared our iconic Original Slider the most influential burger of all time. Today our family-owned business sells the same humble, 100 percent USDA beef patty with onions and pickle, creating memorable moments for Craver generations everywhere. The only thing better than polishing off a Sack of Sliders alone, is doing it with friends. Could it get any better than that? White Castle. Because The Crave Is A Powerful Thing.

Have you ever visited White Caslte?

What is Your favoite Fast Food?

Do you Prefer fast food now or back then?

Source

Source

Video

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I have never visted white castle, I have seen their food at the grocery store. My favorite fast food place is either Raising Canes or Pandad Express. I prefer fast food now because it is the only fast food I have ever known or tasted.

• I have never visited White Castle i have seen some of the freezer food that they have in stores but I have never tried it. My favorite fast food is probably Chick-fil-A or CUlvers.  I would prefer it now because companies know that it brings a lot of people and so they make new items for the drive-thru.

• I have never visited White Castle. I see their frozen food at the grocery store and it looks good. My favorite fast food is Wendy's because I really like their frosty and their fries. I prefer fast food back then - because some resturants were nostalgic.

• I have never visited White Castle but I have seen videos and ads of the restaurant and the food looks good. My favorite fast food  restaurant is Culvers or Freddy's because both of their burgers and fries are really good. I would rather have fast food now because there are more options to order.

• iv never been to a white castle but id like to go to one. i think my favorite fast food place is mc donadls.

i prefer fast food then because i feel like it would have been more healther 

• I have never been to a White Castle but I have heard that it is good before by many people. My favorite fast food is probably Chick-Fil-A or Taco Bell. I think I would like fast food now better because of the fact that there is just more variety.

• yeah I actually have been their. I think that their are a lot of good fast food like mc donalds, subway, wendys, arbys and food like that. I think that I would rather eat fast food from now because I think that their are more options and better food.

• I have never visited White Castle but would be willing to try it. My favorite fast food is probably McDonalds I enjoy their fries.  

• I have never visited a white castle. Though I have seen a few chains, I have never stopped. My favorite fast food chain would also have to be McDonalds. They have so many resturants everywhere. You can hardly go on a road trip without seeing at least 10 Mcdonalds resturaunts. 

•  I have never been to the white castle but i have heard about it. my favorite fast food probably has to be mcdonalds because the fires are good and so are the mcfluries. i think i would prefer fast food back then because it was faster. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker