Global Climate Change

Some changes that are happening in our environment, such as droughts, wildfires, and extreme rainfall, are occurring faster than scientists had previously thought. According to the United Nations and the IPCC (Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change), today's humans have never seen the changes in our global climate, and some of these changes are irreversible over the next hundreds to thousands of years.

Scientists are confident that our global temperatures will continue to rise for many decades due to the greenhouse gases produced by human activities. The IPCC's 6th report, states that human emissions of heat-trapping gases have already warmed the climate by nearly 2 degrees Fahrenheit (1.1 degrees Celsius) since 1850-1900. The global average temperature is expected to reach or exceed 1.5 degrees C within the next few decades, and these changes will affect all regions of the Earth.

The severity of the effects caused by climate change will depend on the path of future human activities. The more greenhouse gas emissions we produce, the more the climate will change making more extreme and widespread damaging effects that will occur throughout our planet. However, the future effects of climate change depend on the total amount of carbon emissions. Therefore, if we reduce our emissions, we may be able to avoid some of the worst effects of climate change.

Source: https://science.nasa.gov/climate-change/effects/

1. How does climate change make plants bloom earlier?

2. How can people help stop climate change?

3. Why haven't scientists been trying to find a solution to climate change?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• They've already made many advertisement, videos, ads, etc. over climate change but people do not listen. So we do not only have to say but act. If we all cooperate iN this, it won't be as bad in the future. Scientists might be looking for a solution right now, but we all have to listen and do what is needed as a society.

• People could try to stop climate change by picking up their trash or if they have the money switching to an electric car. Scientists don't seem to care about the fact that the planet is overheating and slowly dying.  

• I think when there is warmer seasons and enough rain it makes it bloom earlier. I think if people don't litter and if they do the right thing and that is where people can stop having climate change. Maybe scientists haven't found a solution just because there is a lot of it that goes into it.

• Much of this has been plagiarized.

• IT makes the seasons warmer ro cooler so the blooms and bee come out earlier and earlier every year. they can stop cutting down so many trees and plant more for the ones we have lost. 

• I bet that climate change has a factor of when the plants bloom. People can always try to recycle and clean up but you won't be able to get everyone to do it. I think their is just so much going into the situation they just haven't look to far into it

• I think that if everyone started using the bins that are provided for recycling, things would be a lot different. We could also try to start using things that are eco friendly and are able to decompose. I don't think that everyone is on the same page for finding a solution.

• This phenomenon is widespread, affecting some of the observed species by advancing their flowering start by moving up the end of their flowering period. eat less meat or dairy leave your car at home the scientists are too foucused on space or other things.

• I think that it does beacuse of all the polution changes the climate so that it is worse for the invoronment. I think that people could stop climate change by using items that could be recycled and actually put in the recycling bin.

• I agree if polution levels went down then we would have a better environment using recycling techniques would work mainly if a lot of people go with the idea

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker