Global Climate Change

Some changes that are happening in our environment, such as droughts, wildfires, and extreme rainfall, are occurring faster than scientists had previously thought. According to the United Nations and the IPCC (Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change), today's humans have never seen the changes in our global climate, and some of these changes are irreversible over the next hundreds to thousands of years.

Scientists are confident that our global temperatures will continue to rise for many decades due to the greenhouse gases produced by human activities. The IPCC's 6th report, states that human emissions of heat-trapping gases have already warmed the climate by nearly 2 degrees Fahrenheit (1.1 degrees Celsius) since 1850-1900. The global average temperature is expected to reach or exceed 1.5 degrees C within the next few decades, and these changes will affect all regions of the Earth.

The severity of the effects caused by climate change will depend on the path of future human activities. The more greenhouse gas emissions we produce, the more the climate will change making more extreme and widespread damaging effects that will occur throughout our planet. However, the future effects of climate change depend on the total amount of carbon emissions. Therefore, if we reduce our emissions, we may be able to avoid some of the worst effects of climate change.

Source: https://science.nasa.gov/climate-change/effects/

1. How does climate change make plants bloom earlier?

2. How can people help stop climate change?

3. Why haven't scientists been trying to find a solution to climate change?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Most plants typically need sun to survive so with climate change, the earth is warmer meaning flowers bloom earlier. People can stop using gas powered cars, factories can do better with the gases they are emitting, and we could start being more earth friendly.

• I think people can help out by not polluiting as much but we really can't stop people from doing it. Have you ever thought about the eletrice cars it takes foil fuels to charge the battery on the cars.

• I am sure that it can definetly effect when plants bloom. I think if people start recycling and cleaning up could definitly give us a cleaner place atleast. Their is only so much that they can do so they can't do as much.

• I think that by recycling we can keep the earth safer, healthier, and overall just a better environment for every living thing on it. Everyone can stop littering, we can start using and making safe products without harmful or harsh chemicals. Not all scientists care that much about climate change. Some do but not all of them, therefore it's not a top priority on their list to find a solution.

• I personally believe that people think that by recycling and using earth-friendly materials, they can help save the earth. By using decomposable items such as paper straws, or reusable water bottles, it keeps the greenhouse gases down, lowering climate change.

• With all of the climates that are starting to change then like if wants to go change for it to rain earlier in the year then it goes to water the plants and then all those plants can start to bloom way sooner so people get to see there plants grow way faster.

• I think that many people do not take it the importance it really deserves and if we all actually took the task of taking care of it, starting by not wasting water or abusing resources, we would all achieve it. I think it's not that scientists don't want to find a solution, rather they haven't been able to.

• I think that climate change is real and it is heating up our planet. Pollution from factories and transportation goes up into the atmosphere and gets trapped, causing the heat to stay in. Scientists are trying to find a solution, but things like this take a lot of time to fix. 

• I think that scientists are still trying to find solutions, however we don't really know much information about how to battle climate change. I think that we need to start doing things to remove our carbon foot prints. It is nice that we are starting to take care of the earth, but we might have started too late. 

• I agree because if scientist weren't trying to find a solution how come they tell the whole world about the situation

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker