A father posted a picture of himself on social media while he searched for his daugher after the shooting in Parkland, Florida. In the picture, he was wearing a shirt that said "Trump 2020" and was criticized. He found out later that his daughter was one of the many people killed. Many people said mean things about him and his daughter, including a comment saying "your daughter deserved what she got", all because of a shirt. In my opinion, people shouldn't be judging him for his shirt, and instead should be sending their thoughts and prayers. He doesn't deserve to be insulted by so many people because of his political view. 

1. If you saw this post on social media, what would you say?

I would say comforting things and that his daughter didn't deserve what she got.

2. If you were reading mean comment would you reply and what would you say?

I would reply and say that they shouldn't be focusing on his political views, because that is irrelevant to the situation.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/02/20/father-florida-school-shooting-victim-lambasted-on-twitter-for-wearing-trump-2020-shirt.html

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Interesting story! You didn't reply to any student comments which is worth 20 points. -5 late.

• I would not judge the guy based on the shirt he's wearing. He is going through a traumatic experience, and no one should be making that harder than what it is. Who you vote for shouldn't bother others that much, and if it does, it's the other person's fault for being in your business. This man's daughter is dead; politics has nothing to do with it. If I read a mean comment, I would politely tell them to stop commenting because it's already hard enough without their judgment.

• I would say politics don't sum up who you are as a person. One person's view can be different than another and that's okay, but it's not okay to harrass someone on social media. If someone said something mean I wouldn't pay attention to it the haters gonna hate.

• 1. I would feel so bad for the man! He just lost his daughter, and he is just expressing his rights to free speech with his shirt. He should not be insulted because of the shirt he was wearing while he searched for his daughter.

2. I would definetely fight back! People shouldn't focus on his shirt, rather what he was doing.

• If I saw that post I would also comfort him saying that nobody should suffer a fate like this. that nobody should be taken from this would early in life.

If I had read a comment like that I would have defended him because just because he supports Trump doesn't mean that his daughter deserved to die because just because that. I would aslo send my apoligies to the father because losing his daughter will most likely tear him apart from the inside-out because he could constantly be thinking that it's his fault that his daughter was taken from the world, that he could have done something to prevent her death even though there was nothing he could have done.

•  I would support him, tell him Im praying for him and that his daughter did not get what she deserved and it isn't his fault that his daughter died.  and would reccomend that everyone should not see people as a political veiw point but as oh I don't know people. I know great people who voted for trump and I know great people who voted for hillary. I beilive that everyone should be able to state their veiws and openly discuss them without being disrespectful or mean.  

• I agree with you in that he shouldn't be so heavily judged about a shirt he wore when that wasn't even the topic he was talking about. I am a liberal but this man's daughter just died from a school shooting and yet people are making this tragedy about a trump shirt. It just really shows how egotistical some people can be.

• I would probably say nothing and quietly observe. The world doesn't need more comments on peoples problems. While the shirt was probably inappropriate to some people, it is just a piece of clothing and it is not Trumps fault that the school shooter went and did what he did. Everyone just needs to stay out of these types of things and not add to the chaos.

• I would write comforting and encouraging words to him. He does not need to be put down for his own beliefs. Nobody deserves to be killed for a shirt. I would reply and say it is unnessasary to write these things and tell him he is in my prayers. 

•  I wouldn't say anything, honestly. I maybe would say something as, "I hope your daughter will be safe now." I wouldn't reply, because it has already been posted and it's 'said and done.' 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker