Every couple of years, I like to ask students to fill out a teacher evaluation. Most of what I do in my classes is based on feedback from students over the years. I truly appreciate student's opinions, both positive and negative, and actually use them to make myself a better teacher and my classroom a better place to learn.

Please try to comment on things we do in class such as forum posts/leaders, weekly blogs, groups tests, verbal tests, projects, etc. when answering the questions below. If you would prefer to email me directly instead of commenting here, that is fine as well.

1. What did you enjoy about my class this year? What did I do well as a teacher?

2. What are some suggestions on how I could improve myself as a teacher or my class in general? Please be honest as this is where most of what I currently do has come from.

3. My two biggest goals as a teacher is to be fair and consistent to everyone and show passion in what I do each and every day. Do you feel like I have accomplished those two goals this year? If not, please explain.

4. Do you prefer when I lead class or when it is more student project based? 

Also, if you have time, head on over to Rate My Teacher and rate me there as well. I am currently at a 4.61/5.00 which is great!

Thanks for your comments!!

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I really enjoyed learning about the different issues in the world. You did a really good job explaining both sides of the issues. The class is kinda unpredictable, which is good sometimes, but I like a little more of a set schedule. I feel like you're really passionate about your job and it makes your students work and learn better. I like when we do projects, but you give more information as we go on so we can get all information.

• It is a very unpredictable class as it goes by the news. I can understand how that is tough.

• I enjoy your enthusiasm and the music everyday. As a teacher you do a good job at including everyone and making them feel welcome in your class. 

I have one suggestion. If a student takes your class twice for example, if someone takes current world issues and US History. I don't think that a student should have to do twice as many forum posts as someone who takes it once. Most high school students have jobs and trying to do these forum outside of school while working almost everyday after school. 

I feel like you try very hard to be fair and consistent to everyone. You don't show bias in the classroom so i feel like you are doing a good job in being fair and constant.

I prefer when you lead because i feel like the information is more reliable than some of the students work.

1.  What did you enjoy about my class this year? What did I do well as a teacher?  I enjoyed learning about world history and you presented in a way that made it understandable for the students. You got people involved and gave us really good information. 
    2.  What are some suggestions on how I could improve myself as a teacher or my class in general? Please be honest as this is where most of what I currently do has come from. I think that you relate to the students very well, maybe there could be like quizlet cards for tests to study better. 
    3.  My two biggest goals as a teacher is to be fair and consistent to everyone and show passion in what I do each and every day. Do you feel like I have accomplished those two goals this year? If not, please explain. Yes I feel like you have accomplished both because you know how to get the students interested in the information. 
    4. Do you prefer when I lead class or when it is more student project based? I prefer when you lead the class because you know the information more than all of the students. 
  • I really enjoyed the class. I thought it was really cool that you were involved and went over the maps with us everyday. You always had encouragement for us and I really liked that. I think that you teach very well. Although I think talking to some students one on one to see how they are doing with studying maps and such would be a good thing. I think you did an awesome job at accomplishing your goals this year. Everything was super fair and you showed amazing passion. I wish some teachers showed as much passion as you did. I like going back and forth from you leading to us students leading. It makes it something new every once and awhile and not always the same things. 

• 1.) I liked how in the class we had fun but we also learned what we needed to. The thing you did well as a teacher was allow us to have fun and still learn.

2.) I honestly don't think you should do anything any differently at all.

3.) Yes I do think you accomplished the 2 goals.

4.) Student project based

• 1.) I really enjoyed learning current issues and going through the powerpoint. You explained everything so well and you took the perspective of students to make everything easy to understand. Even though I didn't really like testing over the maps, I think it is very beneficial in the long run so we are aware of the countries in other areas. 

2.) In my opinion the way you teach is excellent and you really relate to the students. However, I think broadening the current issues to test over would be much easier than having the possibility of being tested on every article separately. 

3.) From my perspective you show those things perfectly! I can tell you love what you are doing and you really care about what and how you are teaching. In my class everyone is treated equally and everyone can always feel safe in your room. 

4.) Personally, I liked how we went through the semester. Some things were student based and you taught other lessons. The diversity in learning makes the class so much more exciting compared to lectures or all individual work. 

• Great point in #2.

• I personally love the class because it always feels happy and energetic. I feel like you really understand your students. Even though I'm not the best when it comes to learning about things going on in the world, you make world issues fun to learn about, which I appreciate a lot. You stand out from other teachers because you aren't bland, basic, or boring, and I'm genuinely interested in whatever our class ends up talking about. I'm not really educated about the World as a whole, so it's hard for me to identify who you are talking about at times, like certain people in the white house or other leaders from different countries. Not knowing who they are or where they stand on a global level often confuses me. I think that you are very fair and consistent. I also think that you make students feel comfortable because you don't show bias and you let people know that it is okay to have different opinions. Because I am very forgetful, I really like how you remind us to do our forum posts and study for map tests. I like it better when you lead the class on certain, complex topics that I wouldn't be able to figure out on my own. I usually learn better with guidance; however, I do like project based learning as well because it gives students a chance to really be involved with their learning. The topic my partner and I researched was interesting and I think I really developed an understanding on the problem. You are a phenomenal teacher and  a role model to not just other teachers in the school, but to students as well!

• I really enjoy the energy in the room. You are always upbeat and happy. I also enjoy the way you as in, the blogging and such. The one thing I have struggled with is how fast you move. You go through a lot of information very quickly and sometimes I do get lost. Other that that, you cover the information just fine, I'm just a little slow...I also feel that you are a very fair teacher. You answer my questions when I ask and everyone else's. I also love the music aspect. It shows that you also do other things beside just teach which is nice. Some teachers just teach, teach, teach, and that can get annoying. You show that you actually have a life outside of school. I do like student leadership, but in a history class, I think the teacher should be more present. You achieve this by eventually going over everything with us, while letting students do their part. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker