Do EHall Passes work?

Do you think that an EHall pass is useful for our school? This is the new debate our school is trying to reason out. In the past years, we have had a couple of different ways to be excused to the restrooms/halls. It seems that none of those ways worked out in the end. Do we really need a tracker of who is in the hallways or restrooms at all times? Are these decreasing problems? EHall Pass is starting to get used in several schools around the United States. Harlan has recently determined what EHall can do to stop our restroom/hall issues. A few days ago we started using passes on our phones/computers for whenever we need to leave the classroom so that the school can determine how many people get to use the restrooms/halls at a time. You get four passes a day, and have a time limit until you get a flag. 

EHall pass is definitely beneficial in our school. Using these passes will allow only a certain amount of people to be out of the classroom at one time. This will prevent too many people in the hallway/restroom and will enable any issues to be caused. This will allow staff at school to know where students are located in the school. Some teachers also believe it will lower the amount of students that go to the restroom to vape. 

Now EHall pass can be non-beneficial in different ways. This website tends to take a while for the actual pass to go through and get approved, which takes class time away from the student and teacher. After you leave the classroom and come back the teacher has to end this pass which also takes more class time away from the whole class. To fix this problem, they need to make it so that the students can start and end the hall pass on their own. 

I have talked to a couple of teachers about the EHall pass and what their opinions on it are. One stated, “In the beginning, I thought it was going to be really bad, but once we started I have had little to no students ask me to use the restroom and I have not heard of any issues in the restrooms.” I then talked to a few students, and it seems that the student's views are not like the teachers. Most students think that it is a waste of our time. I personally think that it is beneficial outside of the classroom and in the restrooms. I, however, think it is very distracting in the classroom and seems to take more time out of class by taking out your phone/computer and filling out the pass. 

Sources:

https://ehallpass.info/benefits/ 

https://eduspiresolutions.org/what-are-benefits-of-using-ehallpass/ 

https://alisaltrojantribune.com/3164/opinion/e-hall-pass-more-hassle-than-its-worth/ 

Questions:

Do you think that the EHall pass is beneficial?

Will this work better than how last year's QR codes worked?

Does the EHall pass reduce problems in the restrooms/halls?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I can understand what you are saying. The QR codes did not work out for our school very well so it will be interesting to see if the EHall passes work out. 

• I think that EHall pass is no more beneficial than just asking to go somewhere or signing out on paper. EHall pass is great in the way that the school knows where the students are at all times, but it's way more distracting than the other pass systems. It's also slower.

• I can somewhat agree with what you are saying. I personally think it is easier and less distracting for us students to just verbally ask the teacher to use the restroom. 

• I think e-hall pass is effective at reducing the amount spent skipping school in the bathroom. However, it is very time consuming and irritating if slots are filled and you are forced to wait when you need to go somewhere. I believe e-hall pass will work better than last year's QR codes because e-hall pass limits the time spent and has greatly reduced truancy. 

• This reply was deleted.
    • I think students will still find a way to get out of class but as of right now it seems that it has been working pretty good.

• I say it's both effective and not effective. To me I don't like it, because it takes time that I could be using going to the bathroom, to fill out a form. It's just too much of a hassle for me. However I do think it's working on students who lie about going to the bathroom, and I think it's effective on them. I think this does work better than the QR codes, but I don't like either of them. 

• I agree with everything you are saying. It definitely working with the students who skip class to go to "the bathroom". 

• I think e-Hall passes serve a purpose and are very efficiant. I like the idea of not having to interupt the whole class to use the bathroom. However I do miss just asking to simply use the bathroom without having to get out my laptop and sighn a pass. But it helps out teachers by notifying them where we are and at what time we leave so I do think they will be benefical. 

• The e hall pass does not work and its a complete joke i dont think we should have to scan somthing just to go to the bathroom we should be able to just go to the bathroom freely at any time.

• I can see what you are saying. It would be much easier if we could just ask a teacher to go to the bathroom.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker