Egyptians open a 3,000 year old coffin

Egyptians found 2 ancient coffins earlier this month close to the valley of the kings archeological site in south eastern Egypt. Both of the coffins had mummies inside them. The first coffin they opened had been examined by Egyptian antiquities officials. But the second coffin was untouched, it had 5 colored masks and about a 1,000 statutes. The workers digging in the area removed 300 meters of rubble to find the tomb with took them 5 months to find.

What If you where one of the Egyptians that found these tombs? What would be your reaction?

I think if I was a egyptian and found a tomb and found coffins with mummies in them, I would be amazed and in shock. I think it would be so cool to have reveled one of these mysterious things and get to see if first hand and if it goes in a museum or something get to say, hey, I helped find this.

Do you beieve in mummies and when they where living?

I personaly don't think that they where real, I never reallt knew they where. I just thought it was some dude trying to be funny and when he died he wrapped himself in toilet paper and was a rich guy and bought himself a fancy tomb. But I guess I was wrong. But I never really beileved that mummies where real.

Wanna find out more? READ MORE!

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Interesting topic! Be sure to expand a bit on your summary and also be sure to capitalize key words in your title.

• If I were the one that found this tombs I would feel very excited but maybe feel a sense of forboding, considering all the superstition. I don't think that live mummies are possible but the real life tombs are just as scary.

• I would be surprised and excited for my discovery. I would probably also feel invasive because these archeologists are essentially reopening the graves of the dead. Mummies are real because they are poeplle who have been mummified, not monsters like in the movies. It's part of Egyptian culture I think.

• i would be shocked and would wanna know who it was and all the other things that this person did no because ive read on this that its just a way to wrap the body and they take all the organs out of the body and other things like that 

• I agree, I would be cerouis who wrapped the person and the other things they do to the mummy. I did not know that they take the orgains out and other things like that to make the mummy.

• The second question is a bit obscure. I can't think of anyone that doesn't believe in mummies. I remember being taught about mummification in 3rd grade and had gotten deeper in the steps of mummification in 6th grade. But some people might just be ignorant, so I can't falsely judge people. 

• I don't remember much from years ago, we probably talked about it in my past, but I don't remember it. But I just thought that it was a myth that people thought was true and or could have theorys on. 

• I would be estatic. This could change my credibility as a researcher. Uncovering undiscovered tombs is incredibly hard since scientists have been searching for centuries. I would praise the hard working souls that had helped in the discovery as well.

• I agree with you, I think that it would be vary interesting to finding not just one, but 2 tombs with mummies in them. and yes it is a hard job because its so hard to find them, so it would be really cool finding one.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker