Earth is sick?

U.S. Astronaut Scott Kelly has noticed the atmosphere is looking rather delicate. He claims it is very polluted above Asia. Kelly says we need to do something about this and about the atmosphere "thinning out".  He has posted photos on social media.

Read the original article here.

Do you think his claims are true? Is the earth "sick"? 

How can we go about fixing these problems? (Pollution and the atmosphere)

I'm not very sure what i think about this, photographs can be faked in this day and aged, but what would he have to gain to lie? Pollution is obviously a problem and needs to be fixed. The atmosphere becoming weak is really a matter of opinion, and I don't really have one on that.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Brief summary and you didn't reply to any student comments.

• I don't really think that Earth can be sick, but if it could the pollution isn't helping. An analogy would be that earth is a person and the pollution is like the cigarettes a person might smoke. It isn't good for earth, but it will get along with it. I think that we should work on lowering our pollution rates, however that will be challenging since everyone is so used to driving cars and seeing huge factories. 

• I think that photos can be faked but why would you want to lie about a topic like this? Obviously pollution is a problem that needs to be fixed/ worked on. The atmosphere becoming weak is a big statement that you need to be able to back up with evidence.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker