Dozens Injured After Truck Rams Mardi Gras Crowd

On Saturday night in New Orleans for the annual Mardi Gras parade there was a 25 year old man who drove into a crowd of people injuring 28. None of the victims were injured enough to kill them, but many are still receiving care. The 25 year old man is thought to have been driving under the influence. He has also since been charged two counts of first-degree vehicular negligence resulting in injury, and one count each of reckless operation and hit-and-run driving. Police say that there is no evidence to say that this was terroristic in any way.

Link to story

1) Do you think that the accident occurred because him being under the influence or did he do this on purpose?

2) What should the punishment be for a crime like this?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I believe he was driving under the influence as alcohal is everywhere through out the city. I believe he should have to take a class on driving under the influence and have a very heavy fine.

• Partly I think that it was on purpose. Why would he be driving in a crowd of people?

Just a couple of months in jail.

• I think that he was under the influence of drugs or drinking. When you are completely caught up in that, you can't really control yourself. I think that this man should be put away for a long time because he almost killed a lot of people. I also think that he needs to learn from his mistakes. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker