Does School Start to Early?

School should extend the time you have to be there. Some school's start at 8:30 am or even later, but having to be at school by 8:00 am is to tiring. Leaving your house at 7:30 am to go to school leavs kids tired and exausted. Most kids usually wake up at 7:00 am that leave only 30 minutes to get ready. When teenagers are tired they tend to space off or not pay attention. Then if they space off or not pay attention- they will get bad grades, and that leads to some parents punishing them.

In my opinion I think school should extend the time to be there to 9:00 am, and then we could leave at 4:00 pm. the reason why I think we should is because I think this would help me out and a lot of other students. It would help students by giving them more time to wake up and get ready. It also helps by giving them more sleep. So in my opinion yes i think school is too early.

Questions:

Do you think the school should start later?

How do you think this would benefit you?

Sources:

https://www.cdc.gov/sleep/features/schools-start-too-early.html#:~:text=One%20of%20the%20reasons%20adolescents,adolescents%20start%20school%20too%20early.

https://riseandshine.childrensnational.org/should-school-start-later-in-the-day/

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I don't think that school should start later because having it start later would mean that we would get out later which doesn't sound great. Especialy if you have an after-school activity like football the longer days are up to 2 and a half hours to 3 hours at most which if we started later then we would be getting home at 6 o'clock which doesn't give you a lot of time to relax.

• I do think that schoo should start one hour later I think that it would benifit a lot more kids other than me. It would benifit me by giving me more time to get ready in the mornings and filling in the leftover homework that I did not finish the night before.

• No, I think school starts at a good time. It's a very convient time for parents and it's just good to get school done during the day, then go home and get other things done. 

• I don't think that school should start later. This is because the later it starts the later students would have to be in the building. Students towards the end of the day have that, "I don't want to be hear" mentality and starting later wouldn't help with that. Also students would tend to sleep in more if school started later so if this were to happen then students would miss school. 

• I think the school time all depends on the type of person you are because if you are the type of person to stay up all night and play video games you are gonna have troubles getting up in the morning but if the school day started a little later it should be better for you I personally don't think the school time bothers me.

• I think our school starts at a good time. We don't have to get up that earlie and I already get up at 5:45. Our school does a good job of not starting us to late or earlie. If we did go later in the morning we would have to get out later and at an athlete we would get home super late. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker