Does homeschooling benefit kids more than public or private school? Research shows that homeschooling is actually a very helpful way for kids to succeed in the future. It can help kids with certain skills that others aren’t able to develop in a public school. But, homeschooling also takes away the social and active aspect of public or private schools.

Homeschooling is an easier way for kids to learn. When at home, you are in a more comfortable environment than at a school. They have no distractions from other kids and it ends up being a better workplace. Homeschooling ensures that you get all the education attention you need personally. Kids in public or private schools are often overlooked academically, and homeschooling prevents that. Homeschooling students often are more skilled and intelligent. Being homeschooled is based on your academic skills, so you can take advantage of it at your own pace. 

However, homeschooled kids don’t have the same amount of social interaction as every other student would. They often miss out on the opportunities to see other kids their age, and interact like people do in the real world. It can then make it more difficult for the kids to make friends. As they grow up, homeschooled kids often have raised stress and anxiety levels. They aren’t used to working with people their age and it frequently takes a long time for them to get used to.

https://www.organizedmom.net/what-do-homeschoolers-miss-out-on/  

https://www.valleyoaks.org/health-hub/homeschooling-mental-health/#:~:text=The%20change%20from%20in%2Dschool,levels%20in%20the%20long%2Dterm

Do you think homeschooling is worth it?

Would you like to be homeschooled?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• There is both good and bad with homeschooling. If someone is more comfortable with home schooling I think it's a great alternative but being in a public school is more beneficial in the long run. KIds get to expierience what the work force is like in the future while also being pushed to collaberate with others which is very vital in learning. 

• No, I think homeschooling limits kids' social time and makes them introverted. It doesn't get them out of the house. It would be lonely and sad in my opinion. I would not like to be homeschooled, I would miss my friends and I would 100% miss the social aspect. 

• I agree, I think homeschooling can ruin kids social skills and lack the interaction they need.

• I think homeschooling could benefit kids in some ways but overall public school might be better. With public school you learn what it's like to be around people that you're working with and you're gonna have that experience later in life. However, homeschooling your kid wouldn't be a horrible idea because your kid can learn quicker since it's not a whole class that has to be taught.

• I would like to be homeschool, just not by my parents, but i think if i did i would not do my work that well, and the good thing about public school is that it teaches kids how to manage their time, and one good thing about homeschooling would be that kids could work at their own speed.

• Homeschooling sounds funa and all, but I don't think I would really enjoy it. I think that one of the best things about public schools is the fact that you get to socialize with kids your age. You learn how to act socially, so you can be a better person in the workplace and outside of work. Being able to talk to people and make those skills is such an important skill to learn. 

• I agree, I don't think I'd like homeschooling either because you are at home all the time and have no time to socialize.

• homeschooling is worth it depending on what your plans are say if you wanted to work as much as possible and have a life you would want to do home schooling but say if people wanna be lazy and think they can make moeny of social media you would want to stay at school.

• I think that homeschooling is not generally good. Personally, I can tell the homeschooled kids apart from the public school kids. I think that public schools teach great skills that some homeschooled kids do not know. The social aspect of school is something that you can't teach at home. I would not like to be homeschooled because you do not get the opportunities that you would get at a public school.

• I agree, social interaction is something that can not be taught at home but at school, and a lot of kids miss out on that.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker