Does Earth Day help?

Our planet is a spectacular place but it needs our help to prosper that is why each year on April 22nd we celebrate the Earth and clean up garbage. Earth Day started April 22nd 1970.  It was established by Senator Gaylord Nelson in San Francisco.

Senator Gaylord Nelson invented Earth Day because there was no Clean Air or Clean Water Act to protect our environment. The Clean Air Act Is a federal law that regulates all sources of air emissions For example cars, trucks, and factories. The Clean Water Act is a law governing Pollution control and water quality For example throwing trash into a lake Factories put their waste into lakes.

Since the first Earth Day, studies show that there has been an increase in environmental awareness in America. 

Do you take care of your Earth and how ?

Do you take care of your earth on Earth Day or throughout the year?

Do you feel like Earth Day is helping our environment ?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I wouldn't say I make a huge effort to help the earth, but I try to keep my environment clean by not littering. I also try not to use single use plastic items when I can. I think Earth Day is helping our environment by spreading awareness.

• I try to sometimes i try not to litter and I try to recycle whatever I can.  I take care of the earth through out the year. I think earth day helps a little but I think he damages we are doing cant be stoped because of the demand for paper so all the trees ar getting cut down.

• I'd like to think I do! I avoid plastic cutlery and recycle everything that is possible to be recycled as well as not litter. I take care of it throughout the year. When it's summer and nice outside, me and my sister pick up trash in our neighborhood/town area. I think that it is helping little by little as the more educated people are, the more that they care. 

• I do not think that I help a lot, but I dont litter or anything like that, so I dont help it but I also dont hurt it. I do not really know much about earth day like when it is so I have never done anything on the day to help Earth become more clean or better.

• Yes, I protect the earth, I have always tried not to throw garbage in natural places or waste water, although that does not contribute much. I try to do it all year round, it would be silly to do it just one day and not the rest. Maybe this day is helping the earth, but only a little because perhaps many people take into account taking care of the environment only on that day.

• I try to take care of our Earth as much as I can, I try to recycle and I don't litter. I take care of Earth every day of the year, not just on Earth Day. I feel like Earth Day can be beneficial and help our environment because it helps people learn about our Earth.

• I do i dont use plastic water bottles. i dont i used to take down invasive plants and black berry trees back in the pnw I feel like Earth Day helps a bit because more people go out to pick up trash. and earth day should be everyday 

• I like to think that I take care of the Earth as much as I can, not only on Earth Day. I try to recycle everything that needs recycling and I encourage others to do the same. I think Earth Day does help the environment but it should really be everyday instead of just one.

• I try to take good care of the earth and make sure it's at good health so it can be around for a long time and provide a safe space for it residents. I have done things in the past on Earth Day. I have planted trees in the past that were from the school. 

• I try to take off the earth. I take care of the earth by putting def in our tractors. def Is a liquid that goes into diesel exhaust and it makes them better for the environment. I take care of the earth thought the year not every day I take care of the earth.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker