Does Earth Day help?

Our planet is a spectacular place but it needs our help to prosper that is why each year on April 22nd we celebrate the Earth and clean up garbage. Earth Day started April 22nd 1970.  It was established by Senator Gaylord Nelson in San Francisco.

Senator Gaylord Nelson invented Earth Day because there was no Clean Air or Clean Water Act to protect our environment. The Clean Air Act Is a federal law that regulates all sources of air emissions For example cars, trucks, and factories. The Clean Water Act is a law governing Pollution control and water quality For example throwing trash into a lake Factories put their waste into lakes.

Since the first Earth Day, studies show that there has been an increase in environmental awareness in America. 

Do you take care of your Earth and how ?

Do you take care of your earth on Earth Day or throughout the year?

Do you feel like Earth Day is helping our environment ?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• To be honest I don't go out of my way to make sure I am taking good care of our earth. Im sure I've done things that are good for it but just have not noticed what I have done. I think that if people take Earth Day seriously in will benefit our environment. 

• I don't really take care of the earth but I don't harm it either. I don't take care of the earth on earth day but i've seen many videos of people helping the earth. I think earth day helps the enviroment because there are many events on earth day were people go out and plant a lot of trees and other plants.

• I take care of the earth by not littering because that is not healthy for the Earth and that is one thing I do to help take care of the earth. I do it mostly throughtout the year not just on earth day because it needs to stay healthy consistantly not just on one day. I do feel like Earth day does help people a little bit.

• Well, I just don't throw garbage in the streets and if I see some, sometimes I pick them up, but I think that's something normal that we should all do,so I don't think I do anything else that's much bigger than that to take care of the earth. I don't think we've ever done anything special for Earth Day, I think if we clean it's any day of the year. I think it doesn't help much, because some people do make a lot of effort to keep our environment clean, but there are other people who don't care at all, and continue throwing garbage in the streets on purpose.

• I do the best I can to take care of the Earth by recycling, reusing, picking up trash, etc. I think Earth Day is a great way to remind everyone that we need to try to keep the Earth as clean as we can.

• I try to take care of the Earth when I can. I pick up trash that I see outside and try to recycle whatever I can. Throughout the year I recycle and reuse things like containers. I feel like Earth Day helps a bit because more people go out to pick up trash.

• I do take care of it when I am able to by finding items on the ground and picking it up and throwing it away either in recylcing bins or trash bins. I take care of it thorught the year just because it would be a natural instinct to see something and pick it up and throw it away instead of just leaving it there for someone or something to end up doing it later. 

• I think it is good to try to take care of the Earth because it is where we live. If we don't take care of it, then we are just hurting ourselves. We help the planet by using reusable bags and picking up trash. We do this year round and not only just on Earth Day. 

• I help take care of the earth by picking up trash. I think that Earth Day is helping the environment, but people shouldn't just clean up on April 22nd, they should take care of it every day. I think that one big way that we can take care of Earth is by planting more trees, especially since lots of trees have died recently.

• I try to take care of the Earth by not littering and planting trees. However, usually I don't celebrate Earth day, I just try to clean up the Earth a little bit more. Even though I don't celebrate it, I think Earth day is helping our world and getting the awareness out.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker