Does Earth Day help?

Our planet is a spectacular place but it needs our help to prosper that is why each year on April 22nd we celebrate the Earth and clean up garbage. Earth Day started April 22nd 1970.  It was established by Senator Gaylord Nelson in San Francisco.

Senator Gaylord Nelson invented Earth Day because there was no Clean Air or Clean Water Act to protect our environment. The Clean Air Act Is a federal law that regulates all sources of air emissions For example cars, trucks, and factories. The Clean Water Act is a law governing Pollution control and water quality For example throwing trash into a lake Factories put their waste into lakes.

Since the first Earth Day, studies show that there has been an increase in environmental awareness in America. 

Do you take care of your Earth and how ?

Do you take care of your earth on Earth Day or throughout the year?

Do you feel like Earth Day is helping our environment ?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I take care of the earth by clean yards and making the neirborhoods look better then that did before. I have picked up some much trash this past year it's unreal.

• I do care about Earth Day because cleaning up grabage helps the enviroment, nature, and protects the animals from getting sick and killed from garbage. I do take care of Earth Day I don't like seeing garbage every where because that makes me very upset. Yes it is helping our enviroment and the wild animals from danger.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker