Do Nike Shoes Cause Injury For Runners?

Over the past few years, there has been talk about how nike shoes can cause injuries in running sports like track, cross country, etc. This has even been a big decision even just for parents who like to go on runs to simply stay in shape . Are Nike shoes really bad for running, or is it just something that people have brought up and now it’s a big topic?

Well there are coaches who talk about their kids getting injured because of these nike shoes. They say that most of the injuries occur in the ankle, the back of the knee, and even some in hips. The shoes can feel good when you try them on, however, once you run in them, it could be a whole different story according to these coaches. They also bring up how the parents love to buy cheap Nike shoes.

On the flip side, there is pretty good evidence that shoes don’t make much of a difference at all in running. Running therapists have looked at the past 4 decades and they have not found much good evidence that shoes make injury happen in sports. They have found other things that have caused the injury while it seems like it could’ve been the shoe. Overall, these physical therapists haven't found much evidence of any shoes that cause injury.

I think personally that nike shoes don’t affect me in running. I have tried different types of shoes other than nike and the outcome doesn’t feel any different weather. I’ve also gone through injury and switched to and from nike and there isn’t a difference for me. However, I only know my own body so maybe it could cause injury for other people.

Do you think Nike shoes cause injury?

What kind of shoes do you think are best for runners?

What is your experience with Nike shoes?

https://www.nike.com/running/run-fearless 

https://www.runnersworld.com/ 

https://www.letsrun.com/

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Good topic choice and well done Jack!

• I do not think that there is a certain type of shoes or a brand of shoes that makes an athlete more prone to causing an injury. I have worn all different types of brands and styles of shoes and I haven't had a particular problem with any of them. Nike is actually one of my favorite brands of shoes. 

•  I think that any type of shoe can cause injury. ive wore nike and never had a serve injury ive had a couple injurys with them on but nothing to bad. i dont wear nike anymore i found a different kind of shoes that i think is more comfortable. 

• I think that the shoes can cause injury, but not very often. That's also with any shoe ever. I think running shoes are best for runners, and if not those tennis shoes because they have good comfort for the feet and are made for excersize. My experience with Nike shoes is fine as i've had no problems

• I do not think Nike shoes are causing injuries. I think athletes are getting hurt from overdoing it and really putting their shoes to the max limit. I really think any shoe that is comfortable is a good shoe for athletes. I have had good experiences with Nike shoes.

• I think you're right. I've had nike shoes and i've never really had a problem with them. I have had an injury while running in them, but i've gotten injuries while wearing other shoes too so I don't think the shoe is the problem.

• I think that Nike shoes cause injuries, but I think it might mostly be the runners fault. If you are planning to run a lot, then buy some shoes that are meant for running. I think most Nike shoes could be used for running, but they are not the best for it. Shoes like Hoka, or Brooks are good shoe brands that are for running. Nike shoes are good for walking around all day.

• I don't think Nike shoes cause injurys because the injurys happening to the runners can happen to anyone wearing any shoe. I think for running Nike is better then most brands. My experience with Nike shoes are they are comfortable and light.

• Yes I agree with you but it might be that your foot fits good in the design of the nike shoes. Maybe other people's feet wouldn't be as comfortbale in nikes.

• Nike shoes don't cause injuries for me but I do think they could be a source of many injuries. I think Hokas and Brooks are the best running shoes. I only where nike shoes during the day but when I run I wear Hokas.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker