Disney's Frozen

When Walt Disney died in December 1966, it only took a few months before the crazy rumor that Disney had his body frozen so he could be revived in the future The rumor even goes one step further to say he is buried in a freezer under the Pirates of the Caribbean ride at Disneyland. Of course there is no actual evidence that this is even true.

Some people believe that Disney producers made the movie Frozen and titled it as such to distract people from that theory and hoped one day it would be forgotten entirely. Before the movie was made you could search “Disney Frozen” and would get tons of articles on the conspiracy theory, but now you get the movie Frozen. It takes a bit more effort to find out about it. And not to forget the fact that when you hear those words you automatically think of the movie not the conspiracy theory.

Another reason is the title switch. The movie Frozen was based on Hans Christian Andersen’s 1844 fairytale: The Snow Queen. Disney could have kept the original title like they did with most of their other fairy tales they adapted from the Brothers Grimm’s stories. So they could have named it the same thing or something similar, but they went out of their way to create a whole new title.

But why would they do this even though the rumors weren’t true? Disney has a very friendly, family brand and wants to protect that. They didn’t want to be associated with this wild theory of Walt Disney. The part of him being buried under a popular ride could be enough to keep a few families from visiting too.

I first heard about these conspiracies a few years ago on tiktok but I never really looked much into it. I don't believe that Walt Disney had his body perserved in ice to be revived in the future, it just seems to crazy to be true plus all the facts stand against it. I think it is definitely possible that Disney producers title the movie the way they did to stop media from spiraling and causing problems.

https://youtu.be/eFFjlE3EnBk?si=clwhs0gLrgxumltd 

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/health/how-a-strange-rumor-of-walt-disneys-death-became-legend 

Have you heard of these conspiracies before and where?

Do you believe Disney's body was perserved in ice and why?

Do you think the rumor was why the movie is titled Frozen and why?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Well the person person to get this done to them was done only a month later, so it wasn't impossible for them to even be able to do something like that, but it was still in testing so I don't see anyway for them to do that to Disney and have not record about it.

• No i have never heard of the conspiracy. I think its possable but highly unlikly. No i dont think thats why the movie was named that but insteed because elsa has powers. 

• I have never heard about the conspiracy of Walt Disney's body being frozen. I think anything is possible, but personally do not believe that his body is frozen. I do not think the movie was titled Frozen because of the conspiracy. It was called Frozen because of the story.

• I have not heard of these conspiricies before but they are interesting to read about. I don't believe it because I don't think that it really makes sense. I think its called frozen because of the powers that Elsa has because that makes the most sense.

• I have heard of this conspiracy on Tiktok before. I don't think there's any way they did that because it's a very wrong thing to do to somebody. There's no way the movie frozen is called frozen because of this. It's because of Elsa's powers in the movie.

• I have heard of this conspiracy before on Instagram and on TikTok.  I don't think that his body was preserved in ice because it is very wrong. i don't think that is why the movie is titled Frozen because Elsa has freezing powers and can control the weather and freeze things 

• I don't think his body was preserved in ice because there is absolutely no proof proving that it happened and it is very unethical. I don't think there has to be only one reason for naming the movie. One of the reasons had to have it relate to the movie which just so happened to work out.

• I have never heard of this conspiracy before. I don't believe that it would be buried under the ride, even if he was frozen, he would have to be in a lab or something to make sure everything is okay. I don't think thats why the movie is called frozen because one of them have ice powers.

• I didn't read anything about why it was said Walt Disney's body was in a freezer under the Pirates of the Caribbeans ride. Why change the title of this movie and not change the title of other adaptations though? Of course there can be many reasons behind one thing.

• I have never heard of these conspiracies before and it is crazy that people make things up like this. I don't think this is the reason the title was changed and there is no meaning behind it. I don't think disney's body is perserved in ice. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker