Bow and Arrow Attack in Norway

Several people have been killed and others injured during an attack in the Norwegian town of Kongsberg, Norway. This event happened in a very recent time, October 13, Wednesday.

Suspected attacker used a bow and arrow, instead of the weapons we usually hear in this kind of news. Also this attacker is claimed to have acted alone on the night of the incident, which I think is very surprising and hard to believe, because usage of bow and arrow takes relatively a long time compared to firearms. Police were not there at the time of the incident, but they estimate that action happened at 6:15 p.m. . 

The perpetrator "moved over a large area" while carrying out the attack, according to Aas( one of the first policemen who went to the place of incident.) ."Unfortunately, we can confirm that there are several injured and several killed as a result of the action. The injured have been taken to hospital for treatment. The Kongsberg municipality has been notified and has set up crisis teams to assist and follow up with those who need it," he said.

It is really surprising that the police couldn’t manage to catch the killer on time. Police officers  arrested the killer afterwards, yet they didn’t question the person. We still don’t know what was his purpose by doing this event.

What do you think was his purpose by doing this action? 

Do you think the perpetrator was  really alone when he did it?

Sources:

Link

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• The attacker in question was most likely attempting to take a stand on a political issue through domestic terrorism. Though I do believe they were alone, they must have been very talented with their weapon.

• I do not think that this person was working alone. It would be incredibly hard to kill that many people with a bow and arrow in that amount of time. I would also think that people would start to realize what was happening after awhile and take cover or something.

• Bow and arrow is one of the thoghest things to master. It's just always so hard to aim right at your target and even harder if the target is continuously moving. I doubt the perpretator was able to do this on his own it would just be to complicated and even more if he injured various people.

• Good job overall Tolga. I would prefer a story that allows you to pu more of your own thoughts and opinions into it. Also, while you commented a lot, all of them were done on the same day instead of three different days.

• I honestly doubt the killer managed to kill several people by themselves. It's incredibly hard to aim and KILL somebody with a bow and arrow, and especially from a far distance. There's no justifying the death of these innocent people, I honestly don't know what the motive may have been.

• I have no idea what their reason was. I think there could be the possibility that he was not alone because to injure and kill the amount he did does not make sense. Like you said it takes a decent amount of time to use a bow and arrow and by that point you would think people would have taken cover.

• Who know what the reason was.  People are crazy and do crazy things.  It is really weird that he used bow and arrow that and could injure or kill that many people at one time.  They must not have all been together or not get out of the area.  He could have been alone if he did it really fast.  You would have to carry a lot of arrows.  Unless they are all locked in one room.

• I think this was very bad because people do not need to die for no reason. Maybe he was alone but I dought it becuase there is no way he can kill a bunch a people and injure some that quick before for law enforcement was called. Im sure there was a large group that did that.

• Perhaps this killer killed these people because he was insane or wanted revenge on these innocent people for unknown reasons. But it's most likely this killer was simply insane and wanted to kill people for his own crazy reason. In conclusion, I think that this killer killed these people intentionally because he was insane.

• I don't think the perpetrator acted alone but rather murdered these civilians with help from other killers. With so many people dead it's crazy to think that one person could have done this with a bow and arrow by himself. It's quite possible he acted with a group and lied to the police force. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker