On March 13th, the world was finally able to experiance the very first Boeing 777X. The initial release was supposed to have been on March 6, but due to the recent catastrophes the unveiling was put off until this last Wednesday. The 777X will come in two varieties, the 777-8 and a slightly larger 777-9. At 252 feet the 777X will take the title of longest passenger jet in the world after surpassing the 777-300ER and the Airbus A340-600. The large 777-9 will be able to seat between 400 and 425 passengers and can soar for over 7,600 miles. The 777-8 on the other hand, can hold only between 350 and 375 passengers, but the aircraft can stay in the sky for around 17 hours without the need to refuel. On this new aircraft, passengers will notice an increase of space, a newer, larger wing, and larger, more powerful engines. 

Click here for the entire article. 

1. Do you believe that it is important to keep the airline industry up to date with the newest technology? 

My answer- I believe that it is very important to keep the airline industry up to date because normally the newer technology is safer, faster, and more comfortable compared to older technology. 

2. Do you think any U.S. airlines will invest in this new product? 

My answer- I think that U.S. arlines will invest in this new product because of two reasons. One, Boeing is a company based in the United States so it would make more sense for U.S. airlines to buy from a U.S. company. Two, I think that U.S. airlines are looking for a very efficient long range aircraft, and I think that this is the aircraft they have been waiting for. 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Well done Trey!

• Outdated technology in such an industry could have catastrophic problems. The airline industry definitely needs to have up to date technology. I believe that the US will invest in this product, but they might be skeptical due to some of the problems Boeing has been having.

• I agree with you. I think that the airline industry is definitely an industry that needs to be up to date. I agree with you. Airlines will probably invest in this new product, but before they place any orders they will probably be a little nervous and will do even more research. 

• I think it is important to keep the airline industry up to date. Keeping it up to date would help with safety and efficiency. It is very possible that US airlines will invest in this new product eventually. If the company is from the US, then it would only make sense that they invested in it.  

• I agree with you that it is important to keep the airline industry up to date. If airlines would allow their technology to age, they would probably lose passengers. I think that it is almost a given that U.S. airlines will invest in this product. This will be good for both the airlines and the economy. 

• As a part of passenger safety, it is important that airlines keep up to date on technology. Variables will kept to a minimum if you keep airliners up to date on inspections, and replace aging technology. It would make sense for U.S. airline companies to buy from U.S. vendors, as it keeps money flowing in the economy, which is good for our nation. 

• It would also offer a lesser passenger experiance if the airlines were to keep their technology older. I agree with you, if airlines were to buy aircraft manufactured out of the U.S. money would be lost that could be put back into our economy. 

• Yes I think it is important for companies to use the latest technology to ensure the safety of the passsengers especially on a jet this large. I think companies will invest in this because they are able to go farther and carry more passengers, and the passengers will also have more room.

• I agree with you. Doing so would not only ensure proper safety on the aircraft, but it would also allow for a better passenger experiance. I also think that airlines from the United States will invest in this new aircraft. Not only does it have state-of-the-art technology, but it also is made in the U.S. and will put money back into the economy. 

• I do think it is very important that they keep technology up to date. As some accidents in the world are happening I think it's good for them to make sure everything is going well and okay. I do think the US Airlines will invest in this product because it is an american company and it's very accurate.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker