Bob Saget

The unfortunate news was let out today, January 9, that actor and comedian Bob Saget passed away. Born on May 17, 1956, Bob was 65 years old and had 3 children; Aubrey, Lara, and Jeniffer Saget. His family as well as everyone else is sad to hear about the passing of America's dad. As many people know, his nickname comes from his well-known role as Danny Tanner on Full House. The part he played as a father on the show was a great standpoint for television and there isn't going to be another show quite like it; especially now that he's passed.

He played Danny Tanner in Full House AND Fuller House. He was an actor as well as a comedian and he set the scene for his comedy career after he went on HBO's Entourage and showed what his humor was really like. He went on tour for his comedy and it's known as a dirty comedy, but tons of people came to see it on tour. He was actually found in a hotel after one of his shows on tour. Something that made it even more sad was that he posted on Twitter, shortly before his death, how much he missed being on tour and performing for people. He also narrated in How I Met Your Mother.

In general, it's just really sad to hear and it affects so many people because of the mark he and the family on Full House made on television. It's just going to be different now that he has passed. 

Do you think he deserves the nickname America's dad? Why or why not?

Did you watch Full/Fuller House? If so do you agree the show shaped television? Why or why not?

https://youtu.be/8f-peZTjD4Y 

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0756114/

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Bob Saget was a really great actor and comedian. I grew up watching Full House and he was a really great dad to the girls on it. I do think he deserves the nickname. even though I'm not sure how I feel about the accusations going around about things he did to the Olsen twins and why they didn't appear on Fuller house.

• I think that Bob Saget deserves the nickname America's dad because he was on many different major shows. He was an amazing actor and comedian, and his death shook the acting industry. In my opinion, Bob Saget is one of the best actors of all time, even though I don't agree with some of the things he did to the twins while filming Full House.

• I can see where people got the nickname for him and do think that it fits him just for his role on Full House and Fuller House.  I think him and the show Full House have had a powerfull impact on many people that watched it. Yes, I did watch both Full and Fuller House probably a couple times and I really like watching both shows. I do think that it shaped television and was just a relatable show. 

• I understand why he was called America's dad, and I do think he deserves that nickname because of his impact in the world of television. Full House and Fuller House are both popular shows that have been around for a while.

• I don't think Bob Saget earned the nickname for America's Dad because he did some horrible things that he shouldn't have done, with that being said, he was a great actor on the shows Full House and Fuller House. I think Bob Saget's death left a hole in the acting industry and in the cast members of the show because it will not be the same with him being gone.

• In my opinion he did earn that nick name because he played the dad role on television for many years. I have watched both full and fuller house and yes I guess I agree with the show shaped tv show. It's also very tragic that he passed away... when I found out it made me and my family pretty sad because we used to really enjoy watching a couple of episodes of Full house now and then.

• Overall I think the nickname America's dad is a bit much but I do understand why he would get that nickname because he definitely had a big impact on people. I watched a little bit of full house when I was young and I think that the show definitely had a big impact on television.

• I don't think the nickname is necessary, but I understand why people would give him that nickname. He effected a lot of people by being on those shows and touched many peoples hearts. I watced Full and Fuller house and I think it was a good show that paved the way for other shows to expand off of. 

• I do think that he should be named Americas Dad, He impacted many, and everyone that has seen Full House, knows that in some way, shape or form he has all touched our hearts. I just hope that we will all be able to earn the nickname that he worked so hard for. 

• I agree that he earned the name after many years of being on the show. It's sad to hear about his passing.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker