Area 51

Area 51 is located near Groom Lake Nevada and is a top-secret U.S. Air Force facility. It contains the Nevada Test and Training Range which is considered a part of Edwards Air Force Base in California. The location of the facility was chosen by the C.I.A. in 1955 as a place to test spy planes. The government did not acknowledge the existence of Area 51 until 2013 when C.I.A. released documents, under The Freedom of Information Act, about the U-2 spy aircraft and the testing site.

The public is not allowed in Area 51. It is under 24-hour surveillance and there are signs stating deadly force can be used. The government considers it a Military Operating Base and what happens there is a secret. Most employees are flown into the base on unmarked planes and they must have security clearance to work there. Up until 2018, satellite images of the base were restricted and currently, no aircraft is allowed to fly over the area.

Area 51 is well known for its conspiracy theories of UFOs and aliens. It has been made famous in movies. People have been reporting sites of weird lights and UFOs at or near Area 51 since it was built. Even today it is a popular place for UFO believers to visit. In 1989 a man named Robert Lazar stated that he was an employee at the facility and worked on alien spacecraft technology and saw autopsy photos of an alien. He was later discovered to be lying. The government denies that they are testing alien spacecraft at Area 51.

I think that the government could definitely be working on Unidentified Flying objects. I don't know if they have aliens, but they are up to something at Area 51. The problem is that they didn't even acknowledge the training facility for over 50 years while people were reporting strange flying objects the whole time. I know the government cannot release all its secrets, but if there are UFOs, we should enclose the right to know. And that just feeds into the conspiracy.

Sources

https://www.britannica.com/story/what-is-known-and-not-known-about-area-51

https://www.space.com/area-51-what-is-it

https://www.military.com/base-guide/area-51

https://www.britannica.com/video/212132/Area-51-military-air-force-base-alien-video

Questions

Do you believe in alien UFOs?

Do you think the government should allow the public to visit Area 51? Why or why not?

Should the government release all the information it has on UFO's to the public? 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I don't necessarily believe in aliens or UFOs, there could be life on other planets, such as micro-organisms, but I don't think aliens are trying to contact us. I don't think that people should be allowed to visit Area 51 because the government is trying to protect our information and if word gets out to other countries, it could be detrimental to the US, or even the world. 

• It might be some activity and all that but its really a good secret but who actully knows. i think it shouldnt be allowed to the pubilc, it has negtive effects like other countries looking into what we have inside. The goverment should not release info to the public  

• I agree with you that thge public should not be allowed in Area 51 because other countries could see what we are doing. 

• I don't believe in aliens as of right now but more and more videos are coming out claiming to see strange characters and other police reports that people claimed to see strange 9-foot-tall creatures while running away. 

• i belive where not alone in the universe and if we are then that the most depressing thing ever. i think ig the goverments wants to hide stuff they should do a better job at it and no i dont think the goverment should alow public visits inside a fedreal spot that like walking into the fbi office and just doing what you want. if the govenrment releaced something like they and it ended up true the nation would break out and over react.

• I agree with your comment and how we're not alone in the universe. I think the government shouln't allow citizens in Area 51 but I think they should admit if there are alien visitors because we have the right to know.

• Aliens definitely do exist, I just think they don't live on the same scale as we think they do. Alien, in this context, just means that they're from a different planet. And there are an insane amount of planets in the galaxy, the solar system is huge. I think aliens may just be like us, instead of green big-headed monsters.

• I don't belive in alien UFOS. I feel like the government should be allowed to visit Area 51 because It is such a secretive place and they should be able to visit the place. I feel like the government should realse info to the public because people should know about it.

• I think aliens could possibly be real because they are talked about so much.  I also think the government should open up area 51 to the public. The government should realese all the information they have to the public. 

• I don't know if I believe in aliens or UFOs, but I do know that something abnormal is occurring at Area 51, otherwise the government would've disclosed some sort of information by now. I believe that if whatever is being studied/tested at Area 51 should be released to the public especially if it poses a threat. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker