America Is Back Behind on Everything

America is struggling to regain it's economical strength it once had but it can't due that until the world starts running the way it should. People are finding it harder than usual to get items they could've had within a couple days turns into a week, week and a half. Depending on if you order more things online then you do shopping that is but it's the same case with some retailers. If your looking for car parts or something you need fairly soon then you might just have to take sometime and drive to a parts store in hopes that they have what you need, because chances are if it comes from China you won't see it for awhile. 

Our country has never seen something like this sense this country was founded. There is simply just a shortage of everything, whether it's car parts, household essentials, test-kits for covid, you name it. It all is because of one equation; limited supplies with high demand equals extreme costs. The cost of your average shipping container reservation was $2,500 before the pandemic, now it's $25,000.

Our country needs to spend sometime on becoming more self-sufficient instead of relying on Asia to produce most of our imported goods that help function and move along everyday life in America. Its either that or we start opening things up and let people back to their normal lives where they don't have to worry about covid mandates or rules, and they can just work and set the world right.

Do you thing that we should be dependent on Asian countries for goods?

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2021/10/america-is-choking-under-an-everything-shortage/620322/

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Good topic choice and your summary is good but you could have gone into why this is happening. That would have educated people about this issue and not just talk about the issue. Are there solutuions to this issue? Be sure to comment on three different days as well.

• I feel that the U.S. should be better at not being reliant on other countries to supply us for different things. By making our own products, we would be able to create more jobs for people. which means the economy would begin to get better as well.

• Although is is much cheaper for major companies to move to Asia where manual labor is very cheap, I think that the US should start producing more American made products instead of relying on these Asian countries to make them for us. We have plenty of people in the US that could use a job, so why not give them one?

• Personally I think we need to be less dependent on Asian countries, especially for our goods. Covid has really affected the US by acquiring goods from many Asian countries. It really slows down the amount of goods that we import and we can't get everything quickly.

• I think our country should not be relying on other countries to supply our goods we need.  Otherwise if we keep relying on other countries we need to fix the shipping crisis so the things and goods we order that comes from another country does not take a week+ to arrive. 

• In some ways yes but also we should become more independent in the world and start making stuff our selves.

• I can agree but you should proabably put some more context into your reply so I can have good reply.

• No, I think depending on other countries is a bad thing. America need to start producing more of there own good and stop relying on othere cuontrys. Many people in america can produce goods just as well as other crountrys can. America producing more things may help with jobs and more people who dont have jobs will be able to find more jobs. 

•  No we should not be dependent on other countries but if we don't make enough of something in the US then we have no choice.  I hate to wait for something when I want to buy it.  Go look at the car lots, there are hardly any car s or pickups to buy.  It is going to be a long time before things are the way they use to be.

• I agree because there are vehicles outside of the manufactures factories with cars just sitting there because they need computer chips to help them run.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker