Alec Baldwin

The story of Alec Baldwin is quite interesting, but strange at the same time. While some people claim it was an accident, others are finding it hard to believe that something like this could happen on a professional movie set. To begin, the story that the media is putting out to the public is that Baldwin was practicing a stunt when he was handed a loaded gun by the prop manager and it was supposed to be blank rounds. He then pointed the barrel of the gun at the camera and fired the shot. A woman was fatally shot and another wounded. Those are the facts of the story. 

Supporters of Baldwin are claiming that actors should be able to trust those hired to oversee details with live action rounds and blank ammunition without having to worry about what could possibly happen. While others are wanting Baldwin to face charges for negligent behavior. Baldwin is a very anti-gun voice in Hollywood and has used his platform to condem organizations such as the N.R.A. Sadly, however, this is not the first time a fatal accident has happened on a movie set with a loaded gun. In 1993 while shooting a movie, 28 year old Brandon Lee was killed from a “projectile” that came from a gun. While the details of Brandon Lee’s death were kept very secretive and the identity of the actor who fired the gun was never released.

The bottom line is that a woman is dead and another wounded by Baldwin. While I feel that Mr. Baldwin should not be held liable for the purposeful death of this woman, there is a part of me that would like to see all professionals that need to handle a gun have to take a simple gun safety course.

What are your personal opinions about this incident?

What changes do you think need to take place?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Good topic and well done overall Braydon! I do think you could have added more of your opinions and thoughts within your summary.

• I don't think that he should go to prison for it. I think they need to double test things and make sure they're safe. 

• I think that this was not Alecs fault he is really only being charged because he is producing the film if it were any other producer they would have been charged and this is clearly manslaghter imagine if you killed someone nonpurpusefully and then eveyone kept hounding you for it he is not the one in charge of the guns they have a guy for that if you are an actor you get told what to do and do it ASAP so the only rule that I think should be changed is better protection so people do not get framed again

• I think it was an accident. Why would someone like Alec Baldwin purposely shoot somebody in a public scene. More people should've checked the gun beforehand to make sure it was safe to use on set. I bet he feels very guilty about this incident, but everybody accusing him of murder are making it worse.

• I think it was an accident, and the gun needs to be double checked before put in use. If it was truly a complete accident I believe no charges should be pressed. 

• I agree with you as there is no evidence that he knew it was loaded and that he would have meant to shoot her.

• I personally believe that it is an accident. Personally, I think that everyhing needs to be double checked before in use or an actual prop gun needs to be used without an bullets or an ammunation. 

• I agree with because they have certain people that get paid money to check over things and just one mistake costed the producer her life.

• He should not be charged for the shooting it was a complete acident. Yes someone should have told him that there was a live round in it instead of a blank but they either forgot or they didnt know. He was under the assumption that it was safe to shoot so when it was time for him the film the scene he pulled the trigger planning on nothing coming out the end of the gun.

• If the gun had a bullet in it he should have been told that there was so he wouldn't have pointed it at anyone. If he for sure didn't know there was a bullet then he should not be charged for the accident because he didn't know what was going to happen. I think that on the set they need to be more organized and let people know whether or not the guns are loaded or not.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker