A Cancer Dream On The Court

Everyone is afraid of getting cancer, especially if your a freshman in college still with things you want to do. That is the case for Lauren Hill, a freshman at Mount St. Joseph University. She is an avid basketball player. During her senior year in high school, she began to have really bad headaches. She had an MRI scan, and was told that she had a developed a brain tumor. She was getting ready to start college, when the doctors told her that the tumor had gotten worst, and that she could on live till maybe past December. This was a big shock for her family. Before she knew about her short time, she had a dream that she would be on the basketball team for the university. She made it onto the team, but the first game would be to close to when she may need to be hospitalized. The university decided to move up the first game, and move the game to a bigger venue. At the game, she scored the first basket of the game. At half time, she received an award that is highly respected in girls basketball. She said that this may be the only game she plays in college,this is the greatest night of her life.

I think it would be hard to be told that you have this long to live at such a young age, and still have so much that you want to do.

If you were in the same situation, what would one thing be that you want to do before you die and why you would want to do that?

Link

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Good job!!

• I think it would be really hard to hear this kind of news at such a young age.  If I was in her situation I would want to travel to as many places possible with my family to go around the world.  Do things that I was to scared to do before.

• It would be really hard to find something out like this. I would travel to another country and not waste a minute of it. Or show a pig or chicken one last time, as weird as that sounds, it is fun and something I enjoy doing.

• Of course its scary, you can either sit around and hope the medication does its job, or you can have fun. If i was about to die, I wouldn't waste a minute, id live it up 

• I would want to go to a well known/ great area for hunting because it is one of my favorite things to do and I have always wanted to go on a trip just for hunting.

• I would hang out with my family and friends and just live it up.

• I would want to play in a US national team soccer game because that has always been my dream 

• Yeah, completing something that you have always wanted to do is very important to some people to complete before there time comes

• I have no idea what I would do probably go snowboarding because its one of the best things I've done.

• make sure i spend time with family and friends. make good memories so everyone could remember me. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker