According to a video posted to the Russian News website, LifeNews, Russian subway passengers stopped what they were doing to free a 70 year-old woman who tripped while exiting the train and got herself stuck between the train and the platform. Passengers helped her by rocking the train back and forth simultaneously to create enough space for her to get out. It only took about 15 seconds to free her because everyone quickly jumped into action when they realized what was happening. 

An event similar to this where strangers on the subway stepped in to help someone in need occurred last year in Perth, Australia.

Source

If you saw someone trapped in a public area in a deadly position like this, would you stop what you were doing to help even if it meant putting your job/career on the line by showing up late? (Even though in this case it only took 15 seconds, imagine this scenario would take you much longer)

What do you think this says about humans and the desire to help strangers in need?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Great job! Just a reminder that you lose five points for being late.

• I would like to think that I would stop to help a person in need even if it cost me a big promotion. If my boss got mad at me for helping someone who would've died I wouldn't want to work there.

• Same for me. Even if it cost me my job, I would be happy knowing it was to save a life. It would just be the right thing to do.

• Yes, i would definatly help someone in this situation, and i think that it is a good thing that all the strangers help quickly without thinking about it.

• It just shows the natural kindness we all have when someone is in trouble. Yes, a lot of bad things happen in the world, but there are even more people doing good every single day!

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker