Official School ITED Incentives

Be sure to remember that I also am taking it as a test grade and having a party if everyone improves in your class!!! ITED TEST INCENTIVES 2008-2009 PLEASE ANNOUNCE THIS TO YOUR CLASSES OVER THE NEXT FEW DAYS. FEEL FREE TO POST THIS SHEET. THANK YOU Incentives are based on an attitude of continuous improvement. We will use Iowa percentile scores for comparison. Please identify the test area that will be used in your class for incentive consideration. (Reading Total, Mathematics Total, Social Studies, Science, Sources of Information, Revising Writing, Spelling, Composite) If you have questions, please see me. The recognitions/incentives listed below are available to students who continue to improve their composite/individual subtest scores upon entering high school. Junior open campus is a recognition only available to those juniors who continue to improve their composite score upon entering high school. (The details are listed under junior class options) Composite scores/individual subtest scores that dip below scores from previous years will disqualify the student from these options. Freshmen and sophomores will have the following options: Students can earn points toward their semester grade in a class according to the following scale: Improvement Bonus points 1 percentile 10 points 2 percentile 12 points 3 percentile 14 points 4 percentile 16 points 5 percentile 18 points 6+ percentile 20 points 60-69 percentile 5 points 70-79 percentile 10 points 80-89 percentile 15 points 90-99 percentile 20 points For this option, students scoring in the 70th percentile range and above would have the opportunity to select the option with the best outcome. A student could improve from the 71st percentile to the 75th percentile and raise their grade by 16 points using the 4 percentile improvement option versus a 10 point improvement by scoring in the 70-80th percentile. I would strongly encourage teachers in the core areas to use this option. Please select the testing area that most closely aligns with your content. Please record for yourself and give notice (place on the board) to students the incentive package you will be using for this test. Teachers outside the core areas are free to choose an area for improvement. This assessment could align with your content or you could choose the composite score, which could transfer into an improved performance in several areas. 2nd Option: Students could qualify for an exemption from the semester test. I would recommend an improvement of 5 percentile points or more in an area chosen by the teacher and this could also be the composite score. This option is for non-core teachers who want to support improved test scores. I do not recommend this option for core teachers. Juniors will have the following options: This recognition is not optional Any junior who scores at the proficient level (41st percentile (NPR) or above) in reading, math, and science will have their name placed in a jar (one jar for each content area). At the end of the 1st semester we will draw 10 names from each jar (reading, math, science) and those students will have open campus for the 3rd quarter. (30 total students) I will then draw 10 more names from each jar at the end of the 3rd quarter and these students will have open campus for 4th quarter. In total, we will recognize 60 students for being proficient. Open campus would be for lunch only. The GPA criteria of a 3.000 will be waived allowing juniors to qualify for open campus for the 1st quarter of their senior year with a 5 percentile improvement in their composite score using Iowa Percentile Rank (IPR). This recognition is only available to those juniors who continue to improve their composite score upon entering high school. Composite scores that dip below scores from previous years will disqualify the student from this option. In addition to the above, staff can select one of the following options: Improvement Bonus points 1 percentile 10 points 2 percentile 12 points 3 percentile 14 points 4 percentile 16 points 5 percentile 18 points 6+ percentile 20 points 60-69 percentile 5 points 70-79 percentile 10 points 80-89 percentile 15 points 90-99 percentile 20 points For this option, students scoring in the 70th percentile range and above would have the opportunity to select the option with the best outcome. A student could improve from the 71st percentile to the 75th percentile and raise their grade by 16 points using the 4 percentile improvement option versus a 10 point improvement by scoring in the 70-80th percentile. I would strongly encourage teachers in the core areas to use this option. Please select the testing area that most closely aligns with your content. Teachers outside the core areas are free to choose an area for improvement. This assessment could align with your content or you could choose the composite score, which could transfer into an improved performance in several areas. 2nd Option: Students could qualify for an exemption from the semester test. I would recommend an improvement of 5 percentile points or more in an area chosen by the teacher and this could also be the composite score. This option is for non-core teachers who want to support improved test scores. I do not recommend this option for core teachers.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• who knows. but i cant find the paper with all of the bars what do i do??? AHHHHHHH
  • how do you know if you improved in social studies???????
  • this is great.. it makes people try even harder on their ITEDS
    • exactly.. there are still ALOT of people that make designs on their answer sheet.. ya they look cool but sill its not showing how much you know
      • I thought that we were supposed to get them today ???
This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker