278 On the Day to Day

About a month ago there was a car to top the world wide sports car land speed record. This car is know as the  Koenigsegg Agera RS topping out at just over 275 mph. On this site it shows that the Hennessey Venom GT is the fastest but its a claimed top speed of 301 mph and hasn't been proven yet. The Koenigsegg topped out at 284.55 on the first run and 271.19 to average out to 277.9. 

Do you think the Hennessy will crush the Koenigsegg speed or will it remain how it stands now?

Would you have the guts to drive at speeds that are doing over 4 times the speed limit?

Cite

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Be sure to include your personal thoughts within your summary. You also didn't reply to any student comments which is worth 20 points. -5 late

• I think the Koenigsegg will be beat by the Hennessy, because when a car company claims something its usually true. NO WAY, I can barely drive my car as it is.

• I think the Hennessy will go faster than the Koenigsegg. It's clear that it can go up to 301 mph rather than 277.9. Personally, I would not want to drive that fast. It would be very uncomfortable and I would worry that we would crash or flip the car or hit something.

• I think it might be able to go faster but to test it you need room for it to get up to speed with out anyone around it to change the conditions. I don't think I could go that fast even if the car was built to go that fast.

• I think it can but it depends on the conditions, I think it would be pretty awesome to drive that fast, knowing that you are on a closed straight track where hundreds of people are there in case something happens.

• I would not have the guts to go 300 mph in a car seeing as I get uneasy going over 80. I would feel out of control since the faster a car gets, the more sensitive the slightest movements are and one false one could spell out disaster for the driver. It is just really hard to control something going that fast. You wouldn't even be able to turn it without flipping the car over the corner.

• There is always a chance that this new vehicle could be the record speed of the Koenigsegg. But without more facts and proof we will just have to wait and see what happens but there is always a chance. I would never have the guts to drive that fast ever! I'm a cowardly person but that a little insane in general to go that fast if you ask me. Could be fun tho. 

• 1. I think it possibly could beat the Koenigsegg speed. I think it just depends on the conditions and how the car runs. 2. I would never have the guts to drive that fast. I think it's scary driving 60 mph. I don't even want to think about driving almost 300 mph. 

• 1. It may be, but I'm not entirely sure, it's too high a score.
    2. No, I would never dare to drive a car like that, I think it's a stupid way to die.

• I think it will beat it, they can make a few adjustments and practice driving it a bit more and it will pass it. 

I would hate to drive that fast, thats going extremely fast and theres only 2 ways to stop. Either hit something and die or learn how to stop something that fast and im not sure I could do the second

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker