shots were fired late night at 2:01 am on the street of E. 75 st. it all started when a fight started inside the bar,  and the fighters inside the bar then left, when a silver ford started firing shots killing 2 men and left 2 other men wounded along with 3 woman. the residents say that the bar is a pretty mellow place usually but the crime isn't unexpected. another unidentified person says he heard at least five shots before her dropped his glass and went to the rear of the bar to get out.  some say that the shooters were possibly apart of the fight that broke out inside and came back to get revenge on the victims. either way no one hasn't seen anything .

click here for full story

Questions 

who do you blame for this event happening, and why?

what do you feel the cops should be doing to prevent this type of thing from happening?

answer:

my answer is that i blame the people in the bar, mainly because someone would have to really disrespect someone for them to hit a drive by, and for the other question i feel like the police are out of luck because they have neither our trust or our respect so them trying to stop or inflict any type of change would be ultimate fail becuase to chicago gang member they have no authority 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• This really should have been done one Tuesday.

• I would say who ever started the fight to began with cuaseing the trouble instead of choosing to walk away but we don’t know who that is so we can’t really blame any one yet 

I would think they would start closing bars earlier and maby make a law where people can only stay in bars for so long or only pay a certain amount of alchahol in one day 

• I don't think I would blame the people fighting in the bar because they may not be the suspects. So I would put the blame on the shooters. I don't think the police can do much to stop shootings like this from occurring. The shooting sounds like it was committed by a gang, because of the way it was committed. Gang violence is very complicated and police have made some efforts to reduce gang violence.

• I think that all of the people are at fault because you have to do something incredibly disrespectful or rude to get hit in a drive by shooting. Also, the person that commited the drive by shouldn't have reacted so harshly. I think that more protection in bar areas would be the answer and if their are more cops in bar areas drunk driving would be decreased.

• I would blame who ever started the bar because both groups are probably drunk and they don't need to have a fight at 2 am. The people who was working at the bar should have broken the fight at the beginning. The police can't really do anything to stop this but u could have more policemen out at night.

• i agree to disagree, even though a lot of that sounds easy. many people  are scared if they were to involve themselves in with problem acurring, especially in the sense that its in chicago.

• I blame one of the people in the bar. In my opinion people wouldnt just go shoot up a bar for no reason. I think that one person who possibly could have been working in the bar was the reason that they shot up the bar. I do not think that the shooting could have been prevented very easily.

I honestly think that it would be very hard for the police to prevent attacks like this because to me it seemed like it was something that happened very down low and somewhat random. One possible way would be if the police tried different things to keep drug dealing and weapon dealing down in the town.

• I think that the people who got in the fight came back for revenge, or they might have called someone to do the drive by for them. I think that the cops should kind of expect these things to happed at bars. Some cops should be on the job at bars and thats how I think they can fix these things from happening.

• 1. I blame the people involved because they should know better than to pull a gun on someone because they're angry. I'm sure alcohol had a part in this event too. 

2. I don't think they can other than patting people down before they go in the bar or come out. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker