$1,500 Rips

Recently in Japan an organization selling jeans ripped by lions. This Japanese group is a fundraising group, selling these jeans ripped by lions for $1,500! The way they do this is by wrapping the jeans up into balls and throwing them into lion cages. It is nothing fancy, but is selling for so much. The group is called Mineko, it is working with the zoo to complete the jeans. Not only had lions been used but also tigers and bears. Some organizations, like the WFF are not approving of this. They say that the animals should not be used in this way. The Mineko is raising money for the Kamine Zoo. 

If I had $1,500 I would probably buy these jeans. They are something I have never heard of so I think its really cool. The animals are not being harmed, so I do not think it is bad to do. Would you want these jeans? What would you pay for them? 

Full Story: Here

zoo jeans product

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Very interesting topic. I am assuming since they are not at a mass market price, Mineko is truly looking at this as a way to fundraise money for the zoo. They would be a great conversation starter though!

Well done!!

• I don't think this would cause any harm to the lions so there isn't a problem doing this to them but they seem very expensive. I don't think I would buy them because I could buy a different pair of ripped jeans and say they were ripped by a lion. Raising money for that zoo is a good thing to do though. 

• I would not want these jeans because personally I don't like ripped jeans but they are cool so no i would not like to buy them

• Even though the pricing is fairly high (Ripped by lions is cool, but more like $150-$300 cool) but I don't feel like what they are doing is in any way wrong. The jeans are helping the lions, the jeans are entertaining and keep their claws in shape while allowing them to exercise their muscles.

• If I had millions of dollars maybe I would. But it just seems odd. I  think you could do this without spending 1,500. I would not spend over 500.

• If i had a money tree in my back yard I'd buy them just cause they got shredded by a lion. Its going to a good cause for a zoo to help the animals and to improve there zoo. The lions more than likely get bored just laying in a cage all day so they at least get something to chew on. The jeans would be the new designer jeans instead of buckle.   

• Yes I agree, I think they should let lions rip them up more often and sell them for cheaper. More people would buy them if they were cheaper, like in places like buckle. 

• I would possibly want them if i ever got a look at them, but i think it is a big waste of money. Especially for a pair of jeans that are going to fall apart anyway. It was n original way to raise money. But i don't think 1500$ is a fair price for ripped up jeans.

• I didn't think about them falling apart, that's a good point! Maybe it wouldnt be worth the money. 

• Depending on the condition, I would say it would be pretty cool to have. But I probably wouldn't pay 1,500 dollars for them. If their going for that much though, I would probably lower it to maybe 1,000 or less. My opinion, I would pay a whole lot less than that.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker