Was the Moon Lading fake?

The moon landing was an essential part of the Space Race. We had finally got ahead of Russia and had claimed first in the race. Many Americans in 1969 were watching the moon landing. How could the U.S. fake a moon landing? It was televised and astronauts brought back moon rocks and photos they had taken many pictures. Still, some people believe the moon landing is fake.

One argument is that there are no stars in the pictures the Apollo 11 crew took. In the pictures, you wouldn’t have the effect of the light pollution and foggy atmosphere from Earth, so many people believed there should be plenty of stars. However, this argument relies heavily on the photos taken during the lunar phase. This would mean that sunlight illuminating the moon would overpower starlight.

The most convincing theory according to people is that if the moon landing was real, then the astronauts would have been fried by radiation. There are two belts surrounding Earth made up of highly energetic charged particles from solar wind. These are called the Van Allen belts. Some people believe that humans cannot withstand being exposed to such high levels of radiation. The belts were a big worry for the Apollo mission. Scientists had to work very hard to make adequate protection for the astronauts. Many people believe that no one could survive going through the Van Allen belts, hence, this theory.   

In my opinion, the moon landing was 100% real. I don’t think that it is possible to fake such a huge thing. There are 8,400 public photos and many thousands of hours of footage from the mission. There are also full transcripts and audio recordings of air-to-ground conversations. Not to mention the 382 kilograms of moon rock that was brought back by the Apollo astronauts. The rocks have been tested and verified independently as lunar by labs from all over the world.

https://www.iop.org/explore-physics/moon/how-do-we-know-we-went-to-the-moon

1. Do you think that the moon landing was fake? Explain your answer
  2. What conspiracy theory do you think is most credible?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• have you watched the comedic movie "Fly Me to the Moon"? its a wonderful dramady about just this faking the moon landing and how it would have gone... the plot follows a sales woman "selling" the moon mission to america while staging the set and film at nasa. its pretty good movie.    

i do think that the moon landing is real and improbbable to fake

• I think it was totally real. there is the evidance of moon rocks, and it sounds very possible, even for the time it happened

• I believe the moon landing was real. There’s just so much evidence and thousands of photos. There is even moon rocks. Faking it would have been extremely hard, and with all the adversity it faced. Some conspiracy theories, like those about missing stars or radiation, are interesting but often misunderstand the science. The evidence clearly shows that the moon landing was a huge achievement for humanity. 

• Personally, I think it might be real but i have some doubts because the picture looks odd. Also, for what conspiracy theory I believe is the most common one that the moon landing was real and it was not staged by the government. Finally also how could you fake a moon landing with billions of people watching?

• I think the moon landing was real. Yes those theroies are good reasons to not believe it, but how could you fake something that millions of people watched live on televison. In 1969, the TV crew didn't have the power to use a fake prop or to make something look real when it wasn't. 

• I agree with you. Many people have come up with theories that could be correct, I just think that the don't quite cover all the edvidence.

• Although there has been suspicions around if the moon landing was real or not, I think they we definitely went and landing on the moon. I also think some details of it could be false. Looking at all the evidence, recordings, I think it would be very complicted and very more advanced then people were capable of witht he technolgy they had back then to fake the moon landing. 

• I think the moon landing has a lot of suspicious stuff around it but I think we did actually go to the moon. The conspiracy thats most credible is that it was filmed on a hollywood set because the footage looks a little fake.

• I agree with you. There are some parts that seem a little fake than others but for the most part I think it was real.

• I think the moon landing is real because there is a lot of evidence that shows it is real. I don't think they would lie about it when they got all of the evidence. I think the conspiracy theory that is most credible is probably the star one. Even though the moon is so big and bright a star is very bright to so they could of easily lied about it.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker